• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Throttle curve

When I was flying helis, the throttle curves with nitros were V shaped in idle up. In electrics I was running flat curves like 80 80 80 80 80 etc. In planes just how important is the throttle curve and what kind of curve do you guys mostly run on your 3D aircraft? I've recently started flying gassers so would appreciate input from you guys.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've found a lot of guys like to make a throttle curve that delivers the power on a linear scale, not necessarily linear inside of the transmitters programming. These are 2 stroke engines we use and with the right pipe, they will deliver power much like a 2 stroke motorcycle with an aggressive top end and a gentle low end.

Though everything is personal preference, the best thing to do is hit up the field and start playing with throttle curves to suite your style of flying.

Me personally I like a very linear smooth throttle response (but then again I only fly electric so..).

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
I use throttle curves a lot, and not only, but mostly on gas engines/planes.

I use a 9503 which allows two curves.

When I start flying a newer plane, I have different props and try different curves that suit the plane and flying style.

It's well documented that our gas engines do not have a linear rpm curve vs throttle plate position.

Take some time and experiment a little, and I think you'll be pleased.

Take care

Bob

Spats

100cc
I use a linear curve but I also have not needed much of a curve anymore using Pro Flow cans. Helps with very smooth transition.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Xpress;20547 wrote: I've found a lot of guys like to make a throttle curve that delivers the power on a linear scale, not necessarily linear inside of the transmitters programming. These are 2 stroke engines we use and with the right pipe, they will deliver power much like a 2 stroke motorcycle with an aggressive top end and a gentle low end.

Though everything is personal preference, the best thing to do is hit up the field and start playing with throttle curves to suite your style of flying.

Me personally I like a very linear smooth throttle response (but then again I only fly electric so..).

Electrics? Oh ok! Lol