• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Time for action Gentlemen

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think it is time for us to get off our keyboards, out of our lazy chairs, and band together for a trip to either Washington or each states reps office. There are enough of us that can make such a trip. If we could do this collectively imagine the press it would draw, imagine us telling the press we are modelers not drone operators. Such a thing would send a real clear message to our reps and if enough press is generated those reps would likely sway our way, including the FAA. Or at least I would think and I am willing to try.
So if we want this hobby to remain we have got to act and act together.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I not only would make a trip to Washington but bring my trailer and push my biggest aircraft ahead of me in the streets with a sign attached "This is not a drone it is a model aircraft".

Attachments

• IMG_2 Copy.jpg
    IMG_2 Copy.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Its all a bunch of road apples, if you ask me. The FAA has wanted to have control over what us modelers have been doing for ywars now. The FAA finally has that chance, and they arent letting go of those reigns.

Instead of punishing the real criminals, they punish all of us. Real brilliant there. :(

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just gave a FAA member hang out at a field for a year and force him to listen to the banter and watch our toys and their fear will go away.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I think it is time for us to get off our keyboards, out of our lazy chairs, and band together for a trip to either Washington or each states reps office. There are enough of us that can make such a trip. If we could do this collectively imagine the press it would draw, imagine us telling the press we are modelers not drone operators. Such a thing would send a real clear message to our reps and if enough press is generated those reps would likely sway our way, including the FAA. Or at least I would think and I am willing to try.
So if we want this hobby to remain we have got to act and act together.
I am absolutely with you. I was thinking this very thing this past weekend. I even thought of perhaps offering a "Go Fund Me" account just specifically for this purpose. I would and will and CAN make the trip this very moment. Were it financially possible for me. Problem is, there are probably many that are the same way. What we need is as many possible that can and will sacrifice for the hobby to make a trip such as this. There is power in numbers. When banded together for a cause, that cause usually gets noticed much quicker. And "IF" in the event it changes nothing, then at least there was effort made. There could be no blame and no cause for belly aching. Damn I think the whole entire number of registered AMA pilots should knock on Capitol Hill's door.