• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tips for Light and Strong Repairs — Quick Fixes for your Giant Scale Airplane

GSNadmin

Staff member
Over the years, I’ve seen many giant-scale airplanes suffer a structural failure that ended with damage that ended the flying for that day. I have experienced a few situations myself. Recently, while flying my 30cc DHC-2 Beaver, a wheel collar came loose and I experienced a rough, aborted takeoff. The landing-gear strut dug into the ground, and the Beaver nosed over and suffering a prop strike. The impact, also resulted in a broken tailwheel mount and some broken fiberglass landing-gear fairings. Long story short, here’s how I fixed my model.

INSPECTION BASICS

After any accident, it is important examine your model to ensure that further damage doesn’t exist. With the Beaver’s nose-over, the obvious damage was a broken propeller, a broken landing-gear fairing, and a damaged tailwheel mount….

MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing techniques, RC airplane builds and projects. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.

Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.

• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
  • Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
  • Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
  • Aerobatic flight technique video lessons for plane & helicopter pilots
  • Contests & giveaways only for members
  • 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
  • 10 years of Electric Flight archives
  • 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop

http://www.airagestore.com/membersh...f-exclusive-member-access-for-only-24-95.html

Model Airplane News - The #1 resource for RC plane and helicopter enthusiasts featuring news, videos, product releases and tech tips.

Continue reading...