• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tundra problem

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A couple of weeks ago i got some much appreciated advice on my tundra. Can't find the advice so starting a thread here. All channels work upon initial setup (flaps, rudder, elevator..........) except throttle. It's electric so maybe there's a safety feature?

20191117_172806.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I’m not sure on that particular plane, but sometimes you have to arm the esc. When you plug up the battery, move your throttle to full and wait a few seconds. After it beeps a few times, move throttle back to zero. That should arm the esc. Throttle should work after that. If it don’t, might need a new esc.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I’m not sure on that particular plane, but sometimes you have to arm the esc. When you plug up the battery, move your throttle to full and wait a few seconds. After it beeps a few times, move throttle back to zero. That should arm the esc. Throttle should work after that. If it don’t, might need a new esc.

Trying that now.

Alky6

150cc
Maybe a stupid question, but does the program have a throttle cut to one of the switches? If the switch is off all will work but you won’t be able to use the throttle. Do you get the tones with the ESC equivalent to the number of cells on the battery? If not, could have throttle servo reversed in radio.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
throttle is dead as I'm trying to help my son design a 'robot ' and throttle servo doesn't work there either.

Alky6

150cc
Well, that sucks. You sure you don’t have a throttle cut switch enabled? Can you create a brand new clean model and try that one?