• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys - 30" EPP Crack Pitts M12 Biplane

cdee

30cc
Thread for discussion on the Twisted Hobbys' Crack Pitts, one of my all time favorites up to this point.

[video=youtube;x-Eddtcafls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Eddtcafls[/video]
Some Stills from my Achrive.
Pictures with the batteries are showing 2s and 3s location. Also of interest, if not using the landing gear a small center skid can be added as shown right near the aileron servo, make it just the right height to match the SGF's so the plane will set flat. Detail of the quick links use for the ailerons also shown..... Enjoy!
.... not sure yet how to get all the pics to line up... : ) Gyro?

Attachments

• DSC05771.jpg
    DSC05771.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,633
  • Pitts_001.jpg
    Pitts_001.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 479
  • DSC05759.jpg
    DSC05759.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC05760.jpg
    DSC05760.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 493
  • DSC05761.jpg
    DSC05761.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC05762.jpg
    DSC05762.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC05764.jpg
    DSC05764.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC05767.jpg
    DSC05767.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC05769.jpg
    DSC05769.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC05770.jpg
    DSC05770.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 447
Last edited by a moderator:

Vintauri

50cc
I'm building one of these right now. It's for a friend who made me a deal on another airplane. However I can't wait to test it out and I feel once I do I'll be wanting to order another one for myself!

Steve

cdee

30cc
This is one of my all time favorites... if you fly it before giving it to you friend, you well very likely not want to part with it.... : )
cdee

Dahly

30cc
I finished mine last night and was AMAZED at how well it flies. Not an easy build but definitely worth the time.

hone

150cc
I finished mine last night and was AMAZED at how well it flies. Not an easy build but definitely worth the time.

Man i STILL need to get one of these...I've been eyeing it before it even came out but i just can manage to kill my Extra Slick, i guess i'll have to try harder and fly lower :p

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Good luck giving that thing up after you test fly it. Lol. Better order your friend one right now and promise to build that one after. Haha.

Vintauri

50cc
Good luck giving that thing up after you test fly it. Lol. Better order your friend one right now and promise to build that one after. Haha.

Yeah I know. But I am more of a single wing guy so I'm eyeing the Crack Yak or Extra Slick for myself.

hone

150cc
Ahaha he called it! That's pretty funny. That's it i'm getting one on my next paycheck! I'll just use the servos from my Extra slick and get a new motor and ESC from twisted. I'm excited. Too many people like this plane for me not to get one. I love bipes and don't own one so this will fill a void in my hanger.

Vintauri

50cc
Yeah I just wish I didn't have a bathroom to replace the flooring in and 3 young boys with birthdays coming up very quick! On the plus side there is a swap meet this weekend at one of the local hobby shops not far from here. I'll be dragging some planes and gear up there. I might find myself with some extra $$$ for a Pitts of my own.