• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Two Receivers with One JR 9503???

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi all,

I've got a JR 9503 DSMX and I was wondering if I can bind two different receivers to the one radio for redundancy in a big plane I'm getting ready to start.

Would appreciate some input on this.

Thanks!
Bart

M

Matt

Same time worked for me not sure about @camss69 but I did it with my 9503 and my 11x... Because of model match I think you have to do them both at once

camss69

70cc twin V2
I always bound them both at the same time, I think I did try them one at a time once and couldn't get it to work but I can't remember exactly. I had several planes with dual DSM2/DSMX receivers though. Now I run just a single power safe.

camss69

70cc twin V2
Since you mentioned redundancy, here's a drawing I did a while back trying to explain to people how dual satellite recievers weren't as good as dual receivers.. Throughout the years my setup evolved, eventually settling on setup 5 as the best possible solution I could come up with. It has the least number of single points of failure possible (0) and the highest redundancy. Mainly I wanted to show what single points of failure were since it seems like a lot of people didn't understand that one the forums. Of course other things come into play like budget, space in the airplane, radios ability to run dual rx, etc... I know you didnt ask but I thought it might be a good place to post this pic, hope you don't mind.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
9channel power safe RX and done. K.I.S.S. With that you get batt-share, HD power in from both batts, failsafe switch and no fancy switch(s) to purchase and try to put in the side of your plane without looking like :dancing-poop:

M

Matt

Also with the power safe rx you can actually just use a bind plug as the switch... So an extension from the switch port to the outside of the airplane... Pull the bind plug to turn on and out the plug back in to turn off... Simple and no chance of a switch failure at all

The switches that come with the power safe rx are too easy to slide in my opinion and could too easily be slid to the off position