Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Walbro Fuel inlet pipe

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Travis Haney, Jan 4, 2018.

1. I have a question I have searched the forums and am not seeing what I'm looking for. I have a VVRC 20cc motor with a Walbro carb the fuel inlet pipe points 90 degrees back at the fire wall. There isn't enough space to route the fuel line around the motor box and get a kink free attachment to the motor. I could drill a hole and run the line through the firewall but with a throttle linkage and choke linkage hole already I'd prefer not to. I'm wondering if that fitting can be turned? It's a brass barb fitting with a 99 degree bend.

Attached Files:

2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

If it were plastic or plated metal I would say yes because I have done it. But since it is brass tubing and seated with a sealant I would NOT attempt it on that one. Very likely to bend or kink the brass tubing and cause an air leak. Best to just drill the hole.

Alky6 and Travis Haney like this.
  3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    The only ones I have been able to rotate are the ones made of plastic but all the others have not touched them tried once and broke it off that cured me from trying again . I would just drill a hole and be done with it.

49dimes likes this.
  4. Yep! Drill a hole.....

49dimes likes this.
  5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Hate to dispute you gentlemen, however I have turned the metal inlets with no damage. They are usually a "pressed" fit. The fittings on the BE 124 as well as one of my DLE 111 V3 engines. (For what ever reason, it was installed opposite of what it needed to be and I did not want to turn the carb around as it would have made the geometry angle for the throttle arm impossible to attach) Also, have turned the fitting on my Tillotson carbs on my 3w's. I usually confirm with Gerhard first before I attempt it with my 3w engines. As with all modifications, I do these at my "own" risk. Also, if when attempting to re-align the fittings to a different angle, take extreme care to not put any excessive force on the fitting. What I used was a pair of regular slip joint plyers and a cloth to protect the fitting.

For what it is worth, I would give Tom Denney a call at Valley View and ask him. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. And extremely knowledgeable especially when it comes to engines he represents. 253 875-6890

49dimes, Travis Haney and Alky6 like this.

6. If seated with a sealant, use a large soldering iron on the brass to melt the sealant then turn it. once it cooled it will be tight again

7. I went ahead and drilled the firewall ran the line I didn't like the prospect of messing up the carb. Thank you for all the info guys.

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Have to agree with you that is exactly what I would have done. It is an easy way out without any risk., and everything still works properly. At times you just don’t have a choice and has to be done then you do it and except the outcome and work with it but in your case I would have done the same.

10. Obviously someone has not been here long enough to figure out how to operate things.....

49dimes and stangflyer like this.