• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Weird servo feedback under load

Tbos

30cc
Hi.

I'm in the process of putting a PA Katana mx together and ran into an odd servo issue.

When moving the rudder, the servo seems to be pushing back against the direction of movement specified by the transmitter.

https://youtu.be/ANlGt8BSMNU

All of the servos do this to a certain extent, but the rudder is the worst offender.

These are hitec 8085 mg servos and a spektrum ar6210. I've tried powering the rx off of both the bec and a receiver life pack.

Any help appreciated.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Cycle the servos a lot, especially if new. Sometimes they just need to 'break in'.

Tbos

30cc
Thanks. Did that and talked though some troubleshooting steps.

I'm waiting on a replacement to come and I'll send the weird one back for repair if it turns out to be bad.

Tbos

30cc
By the way, it was awesome to make a call to a vendor and have someone knowledgeable on the phone in under 30 seconds.

Thanks again.

Tbos

30cc
So I tried a new servo (5085) today and it acted exactly the same.

Since the rudder moves so smoothly I'm going to assume it's a lack of load that is causing it.

If I apply load to either the rudder or the control arm and the vibration goes away.

I guess I'll go fly it.