Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport What is considered a suitable clearance between the wing joiner tube and wing socket.

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by karolh, Jan 21, 2015.

1. I am in the process of completing a scratch built 63" span aerobatic sport model and the 21" long CF wing joiner tube I plan on using has a wing socket overall clearance of .028" . Is this okay or is it too too big a clearance.

2. are you referring to clearance on the diameter or the length ?

.028 on the length is fine but if your referring to diameter I would shoot for .0028

3. Guess I should have been more specific, I was referring to the O.D clearance. Wow, .0028" that's a really close fit.

4. I have wing tubes that are a little loose, adding a piece of tape that .002 thick makes them nice and tight

5. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

.028 is way sloppy, should be a slip fit with no visible "wiggle".

6. Thanks guys, will try the tape fix tip.