• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What models in Phoenix do you use for 3D practice?

njswede

150cc
I'm using the Max3D when I want something that's as docile on the low and slow as my Sabre X and the DA Extra when I want something a bit more advanced. Any good custom models I should know about?

rpstar

30cc
Well, I'm only a mild 3der but lately I find I'm really digging on the Kyosho Edge and the Hangar 9 Funtana in Phoenix. For planes I still prefer my old FSOne as I feel it's a little more accurate for planes but Phoenix overall is my favorite.

For heli's I really like that Henseleit. Sweeeeet flying heli (at least in the sim and probably in real life given it's cost).

rpstar

30cc
As an update i reinstalled Phoenix on a new PC and recalibrated my DX8 to it. Now more of the models fly well. Really like the big Pitts, the Hangar-9 Beast, and still the Kyosho Edge. The Hangar-9 Sukoi is pretty good also. Not a huge fan of the Katana Mini model from PA but the Addiction flys pretty good in Phoenix.

Found a ton of new scenery on-line and hooked it up to the big flat screen so really digging on Phoenix these days.

wedoitall

i used the kyosho edge to learn on then after i get the manuveur down i swith up to the da extra, shruniken, yak, osiris and super vyper. i know i missing a few more.

i am gonna switch to RF, its just not high on the priority list atm

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

do you have the ESM adrenaline plane? if so select it(its under the "performance section of fixed winged aircraft) then on the bottom left theres a drop down tab that should say "default". click it and showtime 50 and 3dhs Super Vyper should also be an option