• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? What the HACK? Hacker A50-16s V2.1?

xlr8tion

50cc
I purchased a NIB Hacker A50-16s thinking I was getting a V3 and received a V2.1. I am familiar with the V2 but can anyone tell me (direct me) to the specs on a V2.1.

Anything I can learn about this motor would be great as I am wonder if there was a problem with that version-hence the V3 and if the NIB Edge i00 lite 100 is as bad with 14 pole motors/max throttle issues as I have seen on RCG. I received the Castlelink NIP as well.

I must say the Sebart Sbach 50e IS INCREDIBLY WELL BUILT and the covering is exquisite-not sure I am going to keep it but its fuse has a F3A like taper towards the empennage.

Anywho....I know everyone is HOOKED on Motrolfly so please just LMK if the V2.1 is a overheating POS please.

Thanks!

Greg

xlr8tion

50cc
Well sometimes you have to answer your own question. I called Aero-Model and they are in "transition" and have no tech support and referred me back to the FORUMS.

At 150 a pop for a A50 I asked to be referred to the Supervisor.

After an eternity on hold..The gentleman came back and said they had issues with the V2 shaft rubbing so they reengineered the Motor prior to the release of the V3 and not many were sold as the 2.1 got tweaked a little (lowered the kV a bit from 378 to 350) and opened up the cooling slots a bit. So its really a V2 and 1/2.

So you guys if you see a V 2.1 you know its not a V2 that "has the shaft rubbing inside the case" (paraphrasing). Not that you guys would use Hackers as I know this Motrolfly Country:cool:

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info. My hangar is a mixed bag...hacker (6), motrofly (2), dualsky (1), torque (1) ,and suppo (1). my hackers all run hot (they aren't lacking ventilation). [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] says hackers are known for high temps. so far, so good. I haven't had a motor fail on me yet. FWIW All of the other motors come down slightly warm to the touch.

Hackers seem to run 20-30 degrees hotter than a similar motrolfly and don't seem to care. After 3 seasons I finally wore out the bearing in my A60-6XS and just spent $9 to get new ones. I own a number of hackers, motrolflys, one Torque mk2, and a sunny sky. The omega 130 gram has been ok, but one did fail on me. Eflite makes heavy, but reliable motors.

I too have had mixed results dealing with aero model on hacker warranty issues and advice. Ken at motrolfly is outstanding. I will pick his motor every time if it is offered in the size I am looking for.

xlr8tion

50cc
Yeah...Thanks guys for the input. I am not deserved of a Mortolfly at 170 dollars as I do not need to rip the wings off my Vyper doing 100mph. These planes depreciate so fast and you guys are all expert pilots so Motrolfly would be "Pearls thrown before swine" for me...I like the idea of a 2 year warranty so when my "cheap" Cobra eats it I'll have twice the warranty with 2 years and enough cash to buy my ESC left over.

Some put the V6..Some the V8..Some the Supercharged V8. I don't need the latter yet.

That Scorpion 390kV is half the price of the Hacker and has the same thrust I believe and RCDudes won't treat me like a POS when I call(AeroModel).

So it will be one hot Hacker V2.1 and one Cheap Cobra 390kV /OS 375 kV(perhaps).....

BTW....Hacker goes on Vyper.....Other on Sebart...

Some one has to roll "in the yugo".....:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Hacker makes incredible stuff. They just don't do much 3D plane r&d. They pretty much own the F3A and F3P arena. Mortrolfly owns 3D becuse he spend years in R&D and offers motors that can take abuse from 3D planes. Also he will wind a motor for any application with a phon call. I have hacker and motrolfly and along with AXi in my opinion are the top of the rc plane food chain. There are specialty arenas where Neu is where it's at for speed.

xlr8tion

50cc
Where is AXI made?

Hacker makes incredible stuff. They just don't do much 3D plane r&d. They pretty much own the F3A and F3P arena. Mortrolfly owns 3D becuse he spend years in R&D and offers motors that can take abuse from 3D planes. Also he will wind a motor for any application with a phon call. I have hacker and motrolfly and along with AXi in my opinion are the top of the rc plane food chain. There are specialty arenas where Neu is where it's at for speed.

Their 4310/16 is more than a Hacker and the same as a Motrolfly and OOS at 166 USD.

Thanks for the info!

Greg

xlr8tion

50cc
LET THE SHAMING BEGIN!

I decided to go "budget" on the 6lb 61" Sebart Sbach 342 and scored an OS 5025-375 for 75 NIB shipped. No one knows "watt" these motors rate out at so I will build the Seb with the el cheapo OS(alleged 6.3KG thrust on 6S w/a 16x12e..ha). Probably will sell the V2.1 NIB Hacker and build the Vyper with a V3 or 4320-450...One ARF at a time!
Thanks !

Greg

xlr8tion

50cc
Thanks! Twas just kidding.....

No sir. No shaming from me. Let us know how it performs

When I slap those cheap Hyperion servos in w/a HW ESC and she "goes down Branson Style" into the deck..Then the shaming can begin:scaredchair:

It's an italian ARF it is supposed to be FUBAR'd:veryshocked: