• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What To Do About Teflon Coming Off of Flex Portion of Header

I have a flex header for my DA 60 and the teflon is coming off of the flex portion. Not much oil residue is getting out.

Do I need to fix this and what do I need to do?

I can post pics later if need be but a storm is coming and I'm not interested in heading out to the shop to take some pics.

Hey Ben, I solved my header from slipping off the Teflon by adding two extra clamps. That did the trick and was cheap as I had the clamps from previous "altercations with terra firma"!!

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Ben, unfortunately that's the nature of wrapped flex headers.

Do youself a favor and get an mtw knuckle header and say goodbye the Teflon wrapping for ever.

You will also get a much better seal, so if using pipes, that will give you better power boost as well.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Are you talking the plumbers tape on the actual flex section of the header? If you want you can re-wrap it with some new plumbers tape or just remove it entirely. Over time the inside of the headers will build up a residue and you should not see much leakage if any out of the flex section.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Here's what has held up on my piped DA150 for 2 years now. Wrap with the yellow (hi-temp) plumbers tape (about 3-4 layers). Cut the ends out of an aluminum beer can (enjoy the cold one first). Make a slice down the length and wrap that around the flex portion. Secure with a bit of wire and then wrap the whole enchilada about 4 layers with the plumbers tape.

The tape has darkened over time (heat), but has not leaked or burned through anywhere yet.

Oh....if it's a twin then you get to enjoy 2 cold ones :cheers::cheers: