• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

when are sunnyskys coming back in stock and any large models going to added

Bill H.

New to GSN!
I have been wanting to try a few different motors but it's seems they have been out of stock for months

EP Buddy

SITE SPONSOR
GSN SPONSOR
Thank you, guys.
I have just received a new batch of motors this afternoon, including some V series multirotor motors. The manufacturer has been making products for several big name brands, and had to catch up contract requirements for those big boys in the industry. Forturnately, SunnySky has increased manufacture capacity and can provide more products and models in the near future.

ordered 2 more, thanks
the 2820-950 is a great motor for the 48" size planes swinging 14x7 props on 3s

+1 I have the same motor on 48" Super Viper on 4s with 12x6 APC and love the combo, great power, runs cool so far (40-50F temps in Dec. so summer will tell). Very happy :) and look forward to trying some larger sizes if they ever show up. DG

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I have one on a 48" EF MXS I bought at auction but haven't flown it yet. Good to know you guys are happy with them. Not sure the model (on the road right now). It's running 4S with a 13x6.5 I think. Excited to get it up.

48 MXS.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I have a sunnysky in my 48 edge and just put one in my 42 slick. I like them they give plenty of power. Only minor issue with mine is having to stretch the mounting holes on the x mount to fit the pre drilled 3dhs firewalls. They are off by about 1/16th of an inch. Small bit of filing and a washer on each screw solves it no problem.