• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? Which brand LiPo battery to buy?

I have been searching for quite a bit now and have found so many different LiPo battery brands. What LiPo should i buy? what brands do you guys recommend?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I prefer personally the DingyLipos. I've never had any issues with them at all and they really perform well.

Glacier is good as well as yellow jackets. Pulse has been good as well.

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
I have used Pulse, Gens Ace, Turnigy (standard blue), Zippos, and Turnigy Nanotechs. Out of those, the only ones I would stay away from are the NanoTechs. It also depends on the application. I am not going to use Turnigy or Zippo batteries in a $4k plane, but I do use them in my 60 size electric warbird, my King Kobra, and have used them in a 600 size helicopter. All with no issues. I stay away from the Nanotechs due to them puffing very quickly while using them (I always charged them at 1C).

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Why not choose Gens ace ?

I've had little experience with them, think I've only owned a couple and they were fine. The question boils down to application prior to brand selection. I love the nano-techs for my foamies - they have always been flawless and cheap for me. Pulse are my go to for a reputable brand that seems to have the best rep of the market for all applications - except if you are on a budget. . . (which honestly they aren't that far away for the "cheaper" lipos out there). I refuse to buy Eflite because they've priced themselves out of my wallet.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I'm not too picky on brand. As long as they have a High C charge rating I'm good. Life is too short to wait around all day while batteries charge.:D

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
All I can say is I have owned most of them but the one that stands out the most is the batteries from Revolectrix they are the best I have ever owned, and extremely durable and great voltage but hard to get for me. But we’ll priced.

thurmma

150cc
If I am buying LiPo's, I will buy Pulse batteries. I have had Turnigy, GensAce, and Zippo batteries and they seem to puff very fast. I only charge at 1C and I am flying mainly IMAC with my 40% planes. I have a 65" Vyper and have had Turnigy batteries for it and decided to spend the cash for the Pulse 4500 65C batteries to see if there would be a difference. The Pulse batteries so far do not puff at all on a 6 minute flight in the Vyper. The Turnigy batteries always puff up some during the flight. I am flying the Pulse harder than the Turnigy because they do have the extra kick to them. The Turnigy batteries are 4500 45C batteries.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps you out.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've got Gens Ace, Pulse, and Glacier 6S batteries that I run in both helicopters and EDF jets. I've had good luck with all of them and I charge them at 2c. I've had one Gens Ace, and one Pulse slightly puff up in EDF's, but they went back to normal. When you suck a 5300mah down to 25% in 3 minutes it's not easy on a battery!;)