• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Which prop for DA-50

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Flying the PAU Pitts Bulldog with DA-50. Started with a 23x10 prop. Great for verticals, but on the horizontals it really books, even at half throttle. To slow it down but keep the potential for power when I need it, do I go down on pitch or radius? Even though it's balanced on the CG properly, it has a tendency to bounce and nose over in the grass, so a shorter diameter prop might have a longer life span. I just don't want to sacrifice vertical power if I can help it.

Thanks!

I like 23x8's on a DA50, myself. Others prefer a 22x10.

If you're trying to slow it down, the 23x8 is certainly worth a shot.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
On the 50, I liked the 22x8, and 23x8.

If Falcon had been around when I flew with the 50, I probably would have used the Carbon Fiber 23x9

We've got a DA50 on an ExtremeFlight 88" Extra and 88" Yak. Both are on a MTW canister. Although we have flown all sizes and makes on them, we have come to like the Falcon 23"x8" or 9" carbon, or the 23"x8" Xoar if you prefer a wood prop.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I like the 23 x 8 Falcon carbon fiber on my DA50's. I've also run the Mejzlik 23 x 8, but the Falcon is 1.2 ounces lighter and spools up faster.