• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Who makes custom mufflers?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Just wondering who makes custom mufflers? Possibly need a set for my BME102 as the stock ones are really tight to the carb and throttle pushrod.

Any idea how much for a twin?

Thanks!
Bart

I had jtec build one for my 35cc extra. They did a great job. That plane is smashed to a monokote bag of balsa, I might cut the nose off just behind the cowl and mail them the whole mess to make a new one. The muffler survived, but I think it could be done a little differently and dump the pipe out the cooling hole a little further back. It'd sure make getting the cowl off easier.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
thanks for the replies guys. if i ever took the time to learn aluminum welding with my Tig welder I could make my own damn mufflers! lol

i'll ask Al about it when I'm home this week. thanks!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
thanks for the replies guys. if i ever took the time to learn aluminum welding with my Tig welder I could make my own damn mufflers! lol

i'll ask Al about it when I'm home this week. thanks!

I remember when they first came out with the aluminum rod you could use a propane torch with........My work looked like melted candle wax. I then tried to Tig myself........My work looked like melted candle wax. I remember when .......

Alky6

150cc
LOL. Tigging aluminum is definitely a challenge. Steel is easy....aluminum, not so much. I can do it, but like yours Kelly, it ain't pretty. I leave the aluminum tigging to my dad.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
there's a local guy that could do it to me but I think I'll just use what I have until I have time to get it figured out.