• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wings for Wishes 4 (Washington)

C-Hymas

30cc
Guys, I am making arrangements and planning the 4th annual Wings for Wishes event. Some of you have heard about it and there were several of "Those Guys" that have showed up the past couple years. For those who haven't heard of it, it is a fundraising event where 100% of the proceeds goes to Make-A-Wish. Last year we raised over $7200 and a 3 year running total of $18000. Last year alone we had over $4000 in prizes that were donated as raffle and auction items.

This event will be held May 29th through the 31st (the weekend AFTER Memorial Day). If there is enough interest I could easily be persuaded to start it on Thursday the 28th, please let me know.

Some of the amenities you can expect to find:

2 RUNWAYS, that's right, they are oriented 45 degrees from each other so the flight lines are back to back and people can fly from both at the same time without interference of airspace.

Some of the best food you will see at a flying field. We're talking 3 hot meals served each day.

New this year - we added a shower to one of the restrooms, oh yah, restrooms with flushing toilets (wives and girlfriends seem to like this feature).

Power on site - planning to have spider boxes on each side of the flightline so power will be available for more RV's.

PA with good music, none of the teenage girl music....

Right now I have 2 light towers lined up and a lead on a third.

The field has no obstructions in any direction and no neighbors to complain.

Last year we had an 8 way huck, thinking we can match or top it this year. There are no time restrictions for what time we can fly, our closest neighbor is a gun range so they don't mind the noise. Don't worry, they aren't close enough to use us for target practice. We are surrounded by nothing but wide open space. I will be taking reservations for parking - hucksters will have prefered areas, no charge for parking or camping spaces.

Here is a link to the event page on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/events/927648687252423/ I will keep updated information there and not blow up this site with updates. I will also post this info on the other Pacific Northwest Gassers forum.

Location is near Richland WA, driving directions can be found here: http://www.my2wings.com/facility