• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Wings for Wishes - Washington

C-Hymas

30cc
Wings for Wishes is a charity event where all proceeds raised go to Make-A-Wish. The event is run as a fly what you bring type of event. We have P-Hucksters, “Those Guysâ€, warbird pilots, and helicopter / quad copter pilots that all attend and are all able to fly without interference of one another and all knowing that we are doing this for a worthy cause. We have two flight lines that can be flown at the same time without interference. The main flightline is primarily 3D and other large cool stuff. The other flight line is for everything else. There are flushing facilities on site, a shower, and room for RV or tent camping.

This particular event for the Washington chapter of Wings for Wishes has raised over $18,000 for Make-A-Wish, granted three wishes, and referred three children to be granted wishes. It makes all the hard work and effort worth while when you hear the stories of how one child’s wish granted by Make-A-Wish changed the life of that child and their family.

This year’s Wings for Wishes is scheduled for the 29th through the 31st of May, show up Thursday the 28th if you're up to it. It has grown to where we have people traveling from Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Canada to attend the event. This year we will have three light plants on sight for night flying and are taking reservations for camping and parking.

Breakfast and lunch will be available on site Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with Street Tacos catered on Saturday night. I have a pile of goods for the raffle. Landing fee is $25.

You can Google Higgins Field or find directions on the club website: www.my2wings.com

Attachments

• Wings for Wishes - Poster.jpg
    Wings for Wishes - Poster.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 311

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Bud Thanks for posting this! I will be sure to post an article on the front page tomorrow!

Guys this is a great event that gets talked about all year and supports a great cause. It's gonna be a an awesome time and I have it marked on my Calendar! Hoping to grab a few guys and head up!

C-Hymas

30cc
We are now a short 10 days away from the start of the event. I have literally tons of raffle prizes and some great auction items still rolling in. The guest list is full of all the usual suspects and we are getting ready for a great time.

Breakfast and lunch will be available at reasonable prices all 3 days of the event. I will have a large pellet grill I will light up for anyone to use Thursday or Friday evening. We have tacos being catered Saturday evening.

For questions or reservations please email me at rcscratchbuilder@gmail.com there is still a few open spots left - if I run out I will get creative and make something work.