Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Yak rebuild

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by mikeh, Feb 22, 2015.

1. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

I have most of the work done but I thought I would share my progress. CAM00078.jpg CAM00082.jpg CAM00078.jpg CAM00082.jpg CAM00078.jpg CAM00082.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Stabs ready for incidence. All that coring and I don't think I will do it again. Alot of work and the weight Savings are peanuts.

Attached Files:

3. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Vertical stab is ready for glueing after incidence is set.

Attached Files:

4. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

A couple pics of the wings, coring, sheeted, and incidence set. Also checking for squareness.

Attached Files:

5. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

All control surfaces cut loose. Thought I would play with the split ailerons on this build.

Attached Files:

6. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Foam belly was cut, I made it a half inch deeper to make room for the pipes.

Attached Files:

7. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Motor and pipes were mounted and the belly all glued up. I also moved my rudder servo to the back in front of the tail wheel.

Attached Files:

8. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Looking from the inside, I put down clear Monokote. I have some louvers coming from taildragger rc. These will go on the bottom beneath the pipe mounts. I need to be able to put on the silicone bands.

Attached Files:

9. mikeh

mikeh 70cc twin V2

Wings and stabs covered. I'm up to date now and will post more as I move forward. This sight rocks!

Attached Files:

10. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

DUDE!!!! This is so badass!!!!!!!!! Love the split ailerons;) Your re-build will fly even better than the original, no question!

Pistolera, mikeh and bigblueswope like this.