• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ180B2-J champion

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
I am putting this brand new ZDZ180B2RV-J champion motor in a recently purchased comp arf Yak 55 3M. We are going to be testing the Nester flex headers and tuned pipes. It needed a stand off so instead of stacking a bunch of wood I decided to build a box 2 3/4" long with some hard pins in the corners. By doing this I can mount the servos on the sides of the box, making it so that choke and throttle are a very clean setup. I did cut a small hole in the fire wall to ensure it has enough air. This plane previously had a DA 170 in it so I did not have to refigure my motor placement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:

poprlite

50cc
That is ridiculous power! I will definitely rethink my plans now. What size prop did you have on it in that video?

Spats

100cc
That is ridiculous power! I will definitely rethink my plans now. What size prop did you have on it in that video?

It hovers at almost idle :dancing-chicken:
I am going to do some experimenting with props after it gets broke in but on that flight I had the 3W 3D prop. It seems to like it.

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2

I am going to start out with a Falcom 32/12 for the first flight. Once the motor is broke in I will be trying out a few others as well. I will be running redline 32/1 and staying with it.