Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ180B2-J champion

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Flyrcjoe, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Flyrcjoe

Flyrcjoe 70cc twin V2

Utah
    I am putting this brand new ZDZ180B2RV-J champion motor in a recently purchased comp arf Yak 55 3M. We are going to be testing the Nester flex headers and tuned pipes. It needed a stand off so instead of stacking a bunch of wood I decided to build a box 2 3/4" long with some hard pins in the corners. By doing this I can mount the servos on the sides of the box, making it so that choke and throttle are a very clean setup. I did cut a small hole in the fire wall to ensure it has enough air. This plane previously had a DA 170 in it so I did not have to refigure my motor placement.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Joe Hunt, 49dimes and Terryscustom like this.
  2. I have looked at this engine to put in my next plane. Do you know the dry weight of the plane?

Flyrcjoe likes this.
  3. That is a really nice way to set it up, I like it.

@poprlite I can tell you the ZDZ 180 pulls my 46lb plane around like it's a foamy.

49dimes and Flyrcjoe like this.
  4. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

This engine is a work of art, I'm designing a plane around it soon. Looking for 38-39lbs. 12108247_10205195697115153_1487828968179168649_n.jpg

Attached Files:

dhal22, Joe Hunt, 49dimes and 2 others like this.
  5. I'm sure mine will be at least 46 pounds.

6. Snoopy1, Flyrcjoe and poprlite like this.
  7. That is ridiculous power! I will definitely rethink my plans now. What size prop did you have on it in that video?

8. It hovers at almost idle :dancing-chicken:
    I am going to do some experimenting with props after it gets broke in but on that flight I had the 3W 3D prop. It seems to like it.

49dimes likes this.
  9. Flyrcjoe

Flyrcjoe 70cc twin V2

Utah
    I am going to start out with a Falcom 32/12 for the first flight. Once the motor is broke in I will be trying out a few others as well. I will be running redline 32/1 and staying with it.

49dimes likes this.
  10. Flyrcjoe

Flyrcjoe 70cc twin V2

Utah
    Finishing up the baffling today. I left the top half of the cowl open on this one. I have done this on the 40% M12 and had great success with a very cool DLE 222 engine.

Attached Files:

Snoopy1, 49dimes, Spats and 1 other person like this.