Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com
GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
Viewing blog entries in category: New Products
Here is a little introduction to my giant scale project, my twin EDF powered Airbus A310 in 1/10 scale. Visit my website for daily blog posts, and updates from this project.
Attached Files:Jetpainter likes this.
- No assembly required
- Exclusive AS3X® stabilization technology
- Multiple flight modes that make 3D easy
- Feather-light, carbon-reinforced foam airframe
- Side-Force Generators for improved knife-edge flight
- Potent 8.5mm coreless motor
- Spektrum DSMX® receiver
- Spektrum long-throw performance linear servos
- Stunning red and silver trim scheme
- Carbon fiber landing gear with simulated wheel pants
- Full-range, 6+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 150mAh 1S 3.7V 45C LiPo flight battery
- 1S LiPo charger
With a flying weight of barely over an ounce (36 grams), the compact UMX™ Yak 54 3D ultra-micro is small enough and light enough to be flown just about anywhere. But what really sets it apart is its specially tuned AS3X® stabilization system. This exclusive technology makes it easy for sport pilots to discover the fun of hovering and harriers without sacrificing any of the agility an expert 3D pilot demands.
Specially Tuned AS3X® Receiver Makes 3D Easy
The AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) technology in the model's receiver makes it easy to discover the fun of 3D aerobatics without feeling frustrated. Using a unique combination of sensors and software, it works behind the scenes to make slow-speed and knife-edge maneuvers feel incredibly stable without limiting the aircraft's agility or interfering with your control. The plane simply stays in whatever attitude you want without making you struggle to keep it there.
The receiver also features five pre-programmed flight modes - three default modes that are active out of the box and two alternate modes you can activate later. Each has different AS3X® stability settings tailored for your skill level or the 3D maneuver you want to try.
- General Flight Mode
- Heading hold in roll-axis for a locked-in feel.
- Standard AS3X® Mode
- Tuned for the expert 3D pilot but great for flying pattern aerobatics, too.
- Hover Assist Mode
- Aggressive heading hold in roll, yaw and pitch so it's easier to enter and maintain a hover.
- Knife-Edge Assist Mode
- Heading hold settings for roll, yaw and pitch that make it easy to try knife-edge maneuvers.
- Torque Roll Assist Mode
- Aggressive heading hold settings for yaw and pitch that make torque rolls easier.
No assembly is required. The model comes with the motor, Receiver/ESC and servos already installed. All you have to do is charge a battery, bind it to a compatible DSMX/DSM2® transmitter and fly. An E-flite® 150mAh 1S 3.7V 45C LiPo battery is recommended for best performance.*
Feather-Light, Carbon-Reinforced Airframe
Carbon fiber rods brace the wings so you can enjoy outstanding power-to-weight performance and still have the rigidity necessary for crisp control response. The model also features carbon fiber landing gear with wheel pants.
Built-In Side Force Generators
Side Force Generators attached to the wing tips boost rudder authority in knife-edge flight so you can fly tighter knife-edge loops.
*Battery, transmitter and charger all sold separately.
Check out E-flites website for more details
The Premier Aircraft Cessna 170 is the evolution and accumulation of many years of design experience. The officially licensed Cessna 170 offers something for everyone. At its core, it is a forgiving general aviation aircraft with rough field capabilities. If desired, it also has the ability to kick up the power and offer a surprising level of aerobatic capability. It offers a perfectly balanced air-frame design combined with the included Aura 8, today’s most Advanced Flight Control System, yielding an unmatched flying experience. Pilots will feel smooth, predictable and precise aircraft control without any interference to pilot inputs. The aircraft's extremely light, yet rigid air-frame will offer forgiving yet responsive flying characteristics! The Cessna 170 structure is hollow on the inside and has carbon fiber in key locations and the unique forward plywood structure secures the power system and makes it run very smooth, even at high power. Because it is EPO foam, it remains TOUGH and REPAIRABLE.
Flex Innovations has tuned and matched both the air-frame and the Aura 8 to their best potential. However, the Aura 8 programming capability allows the pilot total freedom to adjust all settings, including the flight modes (sensor control inputs can even can be switched off). The USB firmware update capability will allow you to benefit from the latest features and advancements without purchasing new equipment!
The Cessna 170 can accept a range of options, including floats for flying off of water and snow skis! The mechanism for glider towing is also included. While the aircraft excels at slow speed and back-country style flying including short takeoffs and landings from unimproved runways, our version is engineered to offer even more. If desired, the pilot can increase the voltage of the battery, and load a more extreme configuration into the Aura Flight Controller and take the flying to a whole new 'extreme' level!
Click on the VIDEO tab above to check out the Videos!
GREAT FEATURES INCLUDED!
- Advanced Aura 8 Control System
- Scale lines and details to bring the majesty of scale looks with an unreal flying experience!
- Innovative plywood sub-frame connects the motor securely to the fuselage while providing superior battery mounting and cooling
- Hollow wing with internal wood and carbon structure
- Light wing loading for easy handling
- Large flaps for stunning short take-offs and landings
- Large control surfaces for excellent maneuverability
- Vortex generators for low speed control
- Extra-large tundra tires for flying off of unimproved fields
- Glider Towing mechanism installed (requires servo not included)
- Scale navigation lights Installed
- 33g metal gear digital servos for ailerons, elevators, and rudder
- 19g full metal gear digital servos installed on the flaps
- Powerful all metal 60 size motor with optimized Kv
- 80A HobbyWing BL motor controller with separate 5V/8A SBEC
- 16 x 6" custom tooled Somenzini-Ribbe (SR) Prop for awesome grip at all speeds
- Float-ready air-frame for easy addition of optional floats
- Custom control horns for optimized throw and precision
- Factory applied trim scheme
- Huge battery compartment for easy access
- Accepts a wide range of batteries while offering a range of different performance levels
Featuring a tall & slender fuselage, slim swept wing and canopy canard, the Acuity will slip perfectly through any aerobatic maneuver, and the suggested electronics setup will work perfectly with the 5&6s 4,000-5,000mAh packs.
Price and Availability
- Your Price: $399.00
- Pre-Order Now!
- Shipment is expected mid September
- Wing Span - 62"
- Length - 60"
- AUW - 5-6 lb
- Power - 1200+ Watt motor, 90amp ESC, 5-6s 4-5000mah lipo
- Radio - 5 channel with 3x mini, 1x full size high torque servos
- What's in the box:
- Carbon reinforced landing gear mount
- Pre-hinged and sealed control surfaces
- Removable rudder
- Carbon main gear
- G-10 control horns
- Dual ball links for all connections
- Carbon wing tube
- Genuine Ultracote covering
- Hacker A50-12s
- Falcon 16x10 prop
- Castle 90 ESC
- Thunder Power 5s 5000mah LiPo
- Futaba BLS1053/BLS551 servos on Elevator/Rudder
- Futaba S9670SV servos on Ailerons
- 2x 6" extension for ailerons
- 2x 6" extensions from the receiver to the aileron servos
- 1x 36" extension for the elevator
- 1x 12" extension for the ESC to Receiver
- 3" or 76mm spinner
Visit the AJ site for more info!