• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

20 cc Edge 540 ARF Assembly.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is my first build thread and I hope you guys are patient I am a slow builder but will bo my dest. If this goes well I will do one on a Viper ST build next.
The plane is made by Aeroplus rc in China and distributed by Pro-rc in Canada.
Engine to be installed is a 22cc OS-GT gas engine with the std muffler.
all JR 8411 servos.
Have opened the box and liked what I see. Every thing is well packed and nothing was damaged.
There was no manual with the plane and after some searching found the manual that could be downloaded. Not The best but it would do, the manual did not cover 20cc plane but was written for the 30cc version with some corrections.
image.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went through the plane and added CA as required. But must say the plane was well glued with very little missed. Did add some epoxy around the landing gear mounting plate and around the motor box and added a triangle piece across the bottom of the motor box.
Will assembling the wings next.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I can not tell you if it is good at 3D. Been in the hobby for many years but never had the right plane or even tried, most people said that I am to old but decided to give it a go. Going to start with little 20cc plane and I have a Viper ST kit on the work bench read to be builds just waiting for the last 2 parts, then I will start building it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Whent over the hole plane with an iron but it was really not necessary the covering was good and only had 2 wrinkles to work out around the rudder the rest was good. From all the ARF's that I have built to date this is the best one for covering. Finished of the wing not much to do the alerons were already glued in all that I had to do was install the servos. Must say really like the wing tips nice shape and I do like it when the alerons are protected by the end cap it does look finished off.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 597
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 500

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Assembled the stabilizer and glued on the elevators. Installed the servos and linkage. Installed the rudder and the rudder servo.
Had no problems at all every thing was square and level just had glue it all in that does not happen to often.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 562

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Installed the tail wheel. Nice carbon tail wheel looks good and up to the task. The only thing that was changed was the screws, used standard long servo screws three of them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 529