• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2017 Tucson Aerobatic Shootout

garlandk

100cc
I am excited to announce that the 2017 Tucson Aerobatic Shootout will be October 18-22 this year! I will be posting more info as it comes in but the big question is.....

How do I qualify?
Sportsman thru Unlimited Classes will go by these procedures.
We will be using a point based ranking system to determine the pilots that will be in the field for the Sportsman thru Unlimited classes. In particular, you will be assigned a number of points for each contest in which you compete, based on your placement and the number of pilots competing in your class. For a given contest, you will receive 15 points for first place, 14 points for second place, and so on, down to 1 point for 15th place. Additionally, you will receive 1 point for each contestant that you beat in your class. For example, suppose you get third place in a contest with nine contestants. You will receive 13+6 = 19 points for that contest. The number of points from your highest three contests will be added to compute your final score. The top eight pilots in each class (sportsman, intermediate, advanced, unlimited) will be admitted to the shootout. Contest management reserves the right to admit additional pilots to any given class. Winners from the most recent Shootout are guaranteed admission.
Complete the Pilot Ranking Worksheet (Sheet 2 of this entry form) and list all scale aerobatic contests attended between Jan 1 – August 14, 2017 in the class you wish to compete.
The Entry Application, Pilot Ranking Worksheet and Entry Fee ($350, payable to Tucson Aerobatic Shootout) must be mailed to Contest Coordinator, Michael Marcellin, and received by Tuesday, August 22nd.
Tucson Aerobatic Shootout
c/o Michael Marcellin
6535 N Camino de Michael
Tucson, AZ, 85718
For pilots that are accepted for entry in the Shootout, entry fees will be refundable only if a replacement pilot can be successfully registered.
Pilots that are not initially accepted for entry in the Shootout will be alternates. Alternates will be contacted if any openings occur. For alternates, we will hold your entry fee check, uncashed, until after the Shootout. All uncashed checks will be destroyed at that time.

Invitational Class for Precision?
There will be an invitational class. It will be by invitation only. If you want to be considered for this class please send a resume to garlandk89@gmail.com.

What about Freestyle Pilots?
Freestyle is invitational only. If you feel you have what it takes to be apart of the freestyle event please send an email with your resume to garlandk89@gmail.com. Note: You do not have to fly in the precision class to participate in Freestyle.

I will be posting more information as it comes in. If you have any questions feel free to contact me by PM, email, facebook....

Kevin Garland
Contest Director

Attachments

• Entry_Form_Shootout.pdf
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,858