• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

20cc Pattern Plane for Practice

Alky6

150cc
OK. I know this may be heresy, but I have a VVRC 20cc that needs a home. Have everything to build a MOJO 65, but really thinking about a nice practice plane to work on sequences without pulling out my bigger planes. I have a .40 size Utter Chaos that really flies well, but would like a gas version. It is surprising how well these pattern planes handle the wind and fly.

So.... I have started looking at old pattern plane plans to scratch out something for the 20cc. From you guys that have flown these, what do you recommend? I was looking at the Kaos 90 plans that are 25% scaled up from the 60 Kaos. It is a 73.5" wingspan. Or the Reaction (mid wing) with a 70" wingspan? Am I way off, or in the ball park?

Any thoughts? Thanks!!

http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-planes/pattern.html?mode=list&p=4
Page 2 has the reaction. Page 4 has the 90 Kaos.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I second the Mojo with a 20cc.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 857

BalsaDust

If you build the mojo be careful with your wood selection. One guy I fly with has one that is close to 9lbs and another guy built one for his club president that was around 7-1/2lbs. At 9lbs a DLE 20 is really lacking for vertical and get out of trouble power.

Alky6

150cc
alright, alright!! Mojo it is. Still interesterd in scratching out a pattern plane though.
Thanks Chris on the heads up on the wood. Will pay close attention. I suppose a build thread would be in order?