• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2nd Annual Shreveport IMAC competition

JULY 23 and July 24, 2016

This will be the 2nd contest at our Club, everyone is invited.

5 classes will be competing in Sunny Shreveport!
Basic, Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced, Unlimited

We will attempt to fly at least 4 rounds on Saturday and maybe one more round on Sunday.
There will also be an unknown round to be flown.

Basic class will also fly a single sequence round that has same weight to final score as the "unknown" the other classes experience.

We will have lunch available Saturday noon time.

Please tell your friends.

Flyer coming soon...

thurmma

150cc
Make sure you have the AC running in the club house Cam :) Pilot meeting at 7:30 wheels up at 8? May need to start that early to get 4 in depending on the number of pilots :) I am already registered.

thurmma

150cc
I just looked and with 17 already registered I think it will be an early start and a late run :) Sounds like a day of fun in the sun!

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I would like to request the option of landing in between sequences to change batteries.

Cam, can we please do this? Thanks.

I would like to request the option of landing in between sequences to change batteries.

Cam, can we please do this? Thanks.

yes, I was going to call you and tell you, we will provide this for your round, and make it for any class that runs electric, single sequence round, same judges, take off, do one sequence, land airplane, next guy is already in air, you switch out batteries, wait in line, then get up in air again, and do your 2nd sequence, that makes it one round.

We did it at CC.

Why not?

Let's do it

you coming?

I posted this on the IMAC website:

2016 Shreveport Area IMAC competition.

July 23 & 24, 2016

Welcome to all IMAC members and anyone else interested in competing.
Must be AMA registered and current.
Pilots flying above basic must have a model that complies with requirements by IMAC and must have a pilot and instrument panel.

We will attempt to run 4 rounds on Saturday and 1 extra round on Sunday plus an unknown round.

Pilots meeting at 8:00 am, and wheels up by 8:30 am
we will have sun blockers in the morning.

The club is located in Sunny North Shreveport, at the Northridge Park.
The SHARKS RC Club has a 600ft x 40ft asphalt runway, 400ft grass runway, covered asphalt pit with electricity and 3 RV hookups.

to get directions, click here:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//32.6576,-93.8366/@32.6572415,-93.8397237,17z/data=!3m1!4b1

We are also promoting electrics. If any class has pilots with electric airplanes, we will allow, and can be discussed in the club, to allow for single sequence flying for that round.

This means:

1. Pilot gets to take off, fly one sequence, and land his airplane, change out batteries, then get in line.,
2. When Pilot #1 has entered his 7th figure, Pilot #2 needs to crank on his motor, and by 9th Figure, pilot #2 has to be up in the air.
3. Pilot #2 will then fly his single sequence, while Pilot #3 gets ready, etc...
4. Then Pilot #1 will go again, after last pilot finishes the 1st sequence, and pilot #1 will then perform his 2nd sequence, etc...

this single sequence round , meaning, two sequence with landing in the middle, will be judged by the same set of judges, just like before.

Folks, I want to reassure you all, that no one should be intimidated by this at all. I just was involved in doing this at clover creek with Gil Major, and it was an absolutely breeze. Not a problem at all. I will admit, the 1st time, seemed awkward to me, but by the second time, it was very easy and straightforward, and I believe this will not slow down the flow of the contest.

Again, we can all try this for the classes where there is someone wishing to fly electric. Which we all should assist in promoting for those pilots that like electrics, as we all want to increase the membership of pilots.

This is all open for further discussion here, and would like to hear from Doug as well, to obtain his opinion.

We will have lunch on Saturday, and possibly on Sunday as well, based on what the pilots want to do. They can tell me that Saturday.

Places to lodge:

Hampton Inn
2691 Viking Drive
Bossier City , LA 71111

There are also many places to dine in North Bossier, which is not to far from the field. Ask any of the club members (or me) while you are there, and we can give you many suggestions.

The contest is open to all classes:
Basic
Sportsman
Intermediate
Advanced
&
Unlimited

The club will be open early Friday morning, (July 22) for anyone that wants to practice.
Additionally, if anyone plans to arrive earlier, please notify me, so that I can make arrangements to open the club.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or call me with questions.

cshahrdar@yahoo.com
(318) 453-0097