• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D prop for DLE-170 on stock mufflers?

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
I have DLE-170 with Bowmans on stock exhaust, on a Pilot 330sc. What do the ones in the know think is the best prop for mostly 3D flying? Prop noise doesn't matter, I just want something that spools up quickly and pulls hard. I have a Falcon 32-10 on there now and it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Lorne @pro-rc.ca;5654 wrote: falcon 31x10W will spool up fast and lots of thrust. It will rip though

+1 on this, I tried every size of 32....10, 11, 11W and on recommendation a 31x12. All lacking punch for 3D, got the 31x10W and it was like I strapped on a pipe for down on the deck with instant thrust and spool-up.

Actually as I'm typing I just remember I sold that plane and I have an extra 31x10W in my trailer, drilled for DLE170. If you are interested PM me with an offer, I don't need it for any reason (other 40% already has one on it) so I'll make you a good deal.

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
Is your prop a carbon ?

If so, maybe we can make a trade.

I have the Falcon 31 X 10W drilled for a 170.

I would like to try the Falcon carbon 32 X 10.

The 31 X 10W seemed light for my DA-170 on RE3 pipes.

It was turning a click under 6600rpm.

Spool up was instant.

PM me if interested.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
Ok, I'll let y'all know. I am catching pure hell trying to get this engine running right. I am about ready to sell and grab a DA for it.

N726AC

70cc twin V2
I've been happy with the 30X13 and 30X13W carbon Falcons. Both the DLE170 and GP176, stock muffs.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
30-13evo will be very good for all plane types.

That engine is so delicate you'll need the easiest prop it can spool.

But it can handle a 44lb bird with ease.