• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion 3DRCF Top Picks

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey guys: I was just reading through my subscription to "Model Airplane News" and thumbed into the "Editors Picks" section. I always find this section entertaining and educational. Within this section the editor picked out several things that makes RC flying/building easier and more efficient. In this more recent article he sited such things as: A prop balancer, Battery Charger, Airplane restraint, and hexdrivers etc...

What I'd like see here is a comprehensive/copycat write up of your list of essential/s in regards to the "tools of our trade." This might be something we could make into a 3DPEDIA tool (what do you think Gyro?). This could be anything that you've found to make life easier when it comes to building, flying and repairing. This might even be an item that would seem common place for those of us who have been in the hobby for a while, or might be a duplicate of someone else's post (i.e. Battery Charger), but expressing the features of a differing brand (i.e. Thunder Power or Power Lab). Keep in mind we're not comparing, but compiling.

I believe that this list will help novices and pros alike, so please be detailed in your approach. :thumbup:

To make this work it is paramount that we don't just post 'prop balancer,' but post a detailed description of the item, how its helped in your approach to RC flight, and a link to where we can buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey guys: I was just reading through my subscription to "Model Airplane News" and found the commonplace "Editors Picks" section. I always find this section entertaining and educational. Within this section the editor picked out several things that makes RC flying/building easier and more efficient. In this more recent article he sited such things as: A prop balancer, Battery Charger, Airplane restraint, and hexdrivers etc...

What I'd like see here is a comprehensive/copycat write up of your list of essential/s in regards to the "tools of our trade." This might be something we could make into a 3DPEDIA tool (what do you think Gyro?). This could be anything that you've found to make life easier when it comes to building, flying and repairing.

I believe that this list will help novices and pros alike, so please be detailed in your approach. :thumbup:

I think this is a great idea Patric!
I think we can leave this open here for a bit, and once we have enough data, create a page for it in the resources section of the wiki.

econpatric

70cc twin V2
]One essential tool set that I have recently acquired are the Bohndus Pro Hold Balldriver Set with comfort grip handles. After continually trying to find the right size hex wrench to fit my application (with no indication of size) and having so many duplicates of these stored in a cup, I decided to give these a try.

Because they are easy on the hands, come in both metric and standard, and have a lifetime warranty. They have become one of my favorite go-to items in the shop.

View attachment 6727

Attachments

• 10637i.jpg
    10637i.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Another thing, in regards to building that I couldn't live without--now--is a grabber tool. These things make pulling servo leads through small openings a cinch and are pretty inexpensive to acquire. You can find them here.

ebc11fd1-ee34-4de5-aa1d-fe7c30eb5f25_300.jpg