• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

48" and 78" Extra 300

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So I have the 48" EXP Version. My question is does it's big brother "78" ver" fly as well or better then the little guy? The 48 fly's great I mean really great I absolutely love this plane. Fly's better than my 65" Vyper. Don't know if thats because of setup or just a better plane, it just does. Anyway if anyone here could share there opinions on this I would really like to hear them.

Thanks much

Bush

Bipenut53

150cc
Hi Bush,
Well, I have 2 of the 60" Extreme flight airframes, one is the Edge 540 EXP and the other is the Extra 300 EXP. I am just finishing up a Extreme Flight 91" Extra 300 EXP and cant wait to fly it but I have flown the 78" Extra last year and yes they do fly like their smaller brothers but better, size does matter, smooths out the kinks the littler ones have. I will be able to comment a little more when I finally get to fly the 91". I do have to say I love flying the two I have and they make me look better than I am!! Im sure you will hear about the same from others.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah man I have been following you build thread, nice project you have there bud. Your right about it making you look better than you are as it does the same for me. LOL. Planes are like Heli's in the size thing, the bigger the more stable they get. Wish EF would do a Extra 330SC though. Love the way those look.

Bipenut53

150cc
Cool! Yeah I just started the engine for the first time today, very happy with EME engines, anyway I saw you had the 700 trex, I had one of those with the flybarless system, Icon controller and all, I did enjoy it a lot, just didnt enjoy spending 130.00 to 180.00 on main blades alone lol. I am sold on Extreme flight airplanes for wood airplanes and Twsted Hobbys for the foamies. The crack yak series is great!! I have the 32" and the 39" crack yak. They also fly a lot larger than they are. You ought to just buy the 78" Extra because I think you would be happy with it! I love my 60" version because I can use the batteries out of the 700 heli and put the 6s straight into my 60" extra..... one way of justifying it lol

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Electric bud. Where I live it works best for me. Thinking about going with a Motrolfly Motor and ZTW Gecko Series ESC. Thing is I want this one to have insane power. So I will have to do some research on power setup. 10S or 12S and what props to use, one for mass torque and one for high speed. Also think I will go with Savox servo's instead of Hitec's this time. I want a servo that doesn't jitter so much/high torque/high speed/high resolution. RX will be a Spektrum AR 9110 PowerSafe. I am totally open to all suggestions Bipe, I am still fairly new to planes, only been doing it for less than a year. So if you want to throw some ideas around or maybe help me come up with some crazy shiat, Im good with that. BooYa

Bipenut53

150cc
Well I cant help much in the motor/esc selection on anything that big but you cant go wrong with the Savox servos, I am extremely happy with mine in my 91". I run Hitec HS-5245's all the way around in my 60" EXP's and I am very happy with them so either Hitec or Savox would work good in my opinion...