• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Extra 300 EXP

hone

150cc
Since this is my favorite airplane i figured i'd start a thread on it for folks to gather :) This is an amazing plane that can do it all and do it well. The recommended setup with the torque 4016-500 and airboss 80a ESC with hs5245s is a FANTASTIC setup. If you want an airframe that can take your flying to the next level this is it IMO. It can fly everything from IMAC to 3D so good it is only limited by the pilot. Get yourself one....or two :D
EF EXP1.jpg EF EXP2.jpg
Daniel Holman
[video=youtube_share;8Ml8zmXR7MA]http://youtu.be/8Ml8zmXR7MA[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
thanks for starting this one Joe! I kinda miss how well this plane draws lines in the sky like it's on rails!

this is a pic of me with mine before I sold it :( At least it went to a good home!
gary and the 60inch Extra.jpggary and the 60inch Extra 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I just got pass the 200 flight mark on this plane the other day. It's the first plane i've ever got 200 flights on and i did it in less than 3 months :) Flying this plane is fun in any wind, calm or gusty, so it's always my go to plane. I even cartwheeled the plane doing a slow HBKE pass and had a few cracks in the balsa and a crack or two in the motorbox but i got it all fixed up and looking like new in 20 minutes. Gotta love the Extra. I'm looking for a HD camera to get some footage with, what did you just upgrade to Doc?

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I'm looking for a HD camera to get some footage with, what did you just upgrade to Doc?

Sorry. It's not mine. I'll have to ask my camera guy. It's a sony with about five letters and seven or eight numbers in the mdel designation. He told me, but now way I could remember all of that.

I've had HD video before but it never came out good until I started editing with windows 7. I think XP compresses it too much and kills the resolution.

hone

150cc
I took the Extra out last week again and it's a keeper :) Only problem is now that i know it's a keeper i want to restore it to its old glory. It'll need a new cowl, elevator, wheel pants, SFGs, and maaaaybe a new canopy. I think if i skip the canopy i'm looking at like 70 bucks plus shipping. I just want my Extra to look at least half decent again, it was beautiful when i got it :eek:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Got mine together last week, racked up 20 flights in quick succession and I'd have to say I'm in love with the lines it draws with ease and slows down just the way I like it.

Absolutely zero nasty surprises (except my 85A ztw esc goes into thermal power reduction if I try and fly pack after pack without letting things cool down a little).
Got a ICE 100A on its way same as in my 60" edge and they rock very nicely on 16x8 Xoar prop.
IMG_0490.jpg

hone

150cc
Lookin good. Are you flying without the SFGs? They make a BIG difference, I prefer them on.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
I actually have them on when I fly.
I took the photo for a mate looking at getting into this plane as well as the new 91" in the same colours!