• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC 93" AJ Laser - Electrified

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
****Warning**** This is another "Assembly" thread. So, if you're not up for that, move along! Just kidding. Feel free to give me your best shot!

I thought this might be interesting for two reasons. One, fairly new frame and not too much on it. Two, its gonna be another Electric IMAC Machine! Yes, feel free to lambaste and tell me how my sequence will look rushed and I'll never compete! I'm good with that. I'm not that good of a pilot anyway! I'm more of a photographer really.

So, first obligatory exclamation, "Man, this thing is big!".
Me and Fuse.jpg

I have inspected and laid out everything. I am missing a manual (I actually think that could be intentional, saves paper and downloadable. Easy to read on iPad) and decals. But! Never feal B&E Graphix Package is already purchased and received!
Bare Fuse.jpg

So, with that done. All seams and graphics sealed with iron and started on the tail wheel.
Tial wheel.jpg

Then Main Gear.
wheel pants.jpg

Couple of issues here. The holes did not line up on the gear fairings to the landing gear and had to drill new holes. No big issue. Also, some nice aluminum wheels, with bolt heads. If you install with cotter pin, as shown, the bolt heads catch on the pin and the wheel stops. I ended up bending the pin out of the way. I tried t take a pic with my phone, but it wouldn't focus on the aluminum. Neither one of these was a big deal, but added about an hour the assembly, so far.

Last thing done last night was the control horns glued.
control arms.jpg

I will detail the specs of the equipment used, as they are installed. Just in case I run into an issue and have to change something.

Hope to get back on it this afternoon. Maybe be ready for Byram IMAC?????

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Its great to see more guys doing big electrics. What outrunner are you going with and are you doing a 2 or 3 blade prop?

Hey your light balance is off in those photos, looks a little warm! J/K.....I do a little photography myself....and just ordered the 73" version.....Gonna follow along with your build!

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Yea...the phone pics aren't quite up to snuff! But, great for selfie!

As for the motor, I have a Motrofly 5335 and plan on swinging a 22" X 10" 3-Blade Mejzlik Carbon Prop. I have 2 ea 6S 8000 mAh batteries that are monsters!

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Had a little bit of time to work on the Laser.

Servos installed and arms adjusted. Seems like I forgot to order th 1-3/4" arms! aaaahhhhhh! So, 1" arms installed till they come in.
control arm.jpg

Servo wires measure and ends crimped. Trusted Parsons clips installed
parsons.jpg

Standoffs from Customdtandoffs.com installed
standoffs.jpg

Motrolfly Installed. Blue Loctite not forgotten!!
motrolfly.jpg

Went back and forth with myself on whether to solder direct or use bullets. Decided to solder to Jeti Speed Controller. Speed controller fired up, programmed and motor reversed to correct direction.
jeti.jpg

Checked out my 2 ea 6S 8000 mAh monsters in the fuse...lots of room!! Could move up to 10,000, if necessary.
battery comp.jpg

Anderson Powerpoles, my GOTO connector.
andersons.jpg

More to be completed tonight....