• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

A Solid 8 CH 2.4GHz Radio for $179.97? YES Tactic TTX850

SleepyC

150cc
If you have been looking for a great 2nd radio, or even an upgrade from a four or six channel radio Hobbico via Tactic has you covered with the 8 channel TTX850!

Hobbico recently sent me the Tactic TTX850 to check out. The brown truck arrived and dropped off a package yesterday. As I am still a "8 year old on Christmas” anytime UPS comes I immediately ran down to the shop and opened up the package! As soon as I opened the graphic covered box, pulled out the cardboard insert and laid eyeballs on the radio I was impressed! The radio has a unique look. It’s not trying to be a copy of anything else. Instantly he radio felt great in the hands, has plenty of nicely switches and sliders and the gimbals were smooth and felt “quality”. I opened up the back battery compartment and BAM instant smiles unlike the earlier Tactic offerings the TTX850 came with a rechargeable 4.8 V NiHM battery. NICE!

I put the radio on charge and sat down to check out the manual. Browsing over the bullet points I surmised that the TTX850 is seriously a full featured radio! Tons of options available! Custom mixes available? Yep! Channels and switches assignable? Yep. Airplane, Heli and MULTIROTOR settings? YEP! This thing is full featured. After the quick read through I jumped onto Tower Hobbies to check the cost of this awesome new radio. $179.97. Um WHAT?!
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 1.14.55 PM.png

I had to read the page a few times making sure this was not a “3 easy payments of $179.97” kind of deal. NOPE, that’s the price! ($212 coupled with the Tactic TR825 8 ch receiver.) Man I can tell you right now is a GREAT time to be a part of this hobby. Just two years ago this radio would have cost at least $750 - $1000!

After the radio charged for about ten minutes I became impatient and flipped on the switch. The LCD came alive and the radio turned on. The manual is pretty thin as the radio is super easy to use. In fact I wish a few of my higher end radios had the simplicity of programming the TTX850 does. If you look below in the photos you can see shots of each of the function screens. All straight forward and very useful. Once thing that I think is really neat is that since the TTX850 has a setting for multi rotors, it actually has a gimbal control menu, where you can set the switch or slider, the servo rate and the amount of throw for your gimbals input’s! BRILLIANT!

So here it is guys, a quick pictorial overview of the Tactic TTC850. AS I get a chance to use this bad boy I will report back. But until then, $179.97.... WUT?!?!?! AWESOME!

FEATURES
Airplane and helicopter programming
8 pre-programmed mixes, 6 programmable mixes
3 flight conditions
6 user-assignable 3 position switches
2 user-assignable 2 position switches
2 user-assignable proportional sliders
User updatable firmware
Reversing, endpoint adjustment, sub trim and exponential
Large backlit graphing LCD screen with adjustable contrast
30-model memory
Wireless and 3.5mm wired trainer systems
Digital trims with slow/fast adjustment
Compatible with the entire range of Tx-R aircraft
Easy-to-use push-button programming controls
Charge jack
Low votage alarm
Dual rates
Ball bearing gimbals and adjustable stick lengths
External antenna rotates and folds for easy storage
One year limited warranty through Hobby Services beginning at date of
purchase

INCLUDES
TTX850 8-Channel 2.4GHz SLT Transmitter

REQUIREMENTS
Servos and receiver of modeler's choice
AA Cells: Four for transmitter

SPECIFICATIONS
Transmitter;
Channels: 8
Frequencies: 2.403-2.480GHz
Modulation: FHSS spread spectrum
Input Power: Four AA alkaline, NICd or NiMH cells

For more information check out: TOWER HOBBIES

PICTURES:

Unboxing:​

IMG_0503.jpg IMG_0504.JPG IMG_0505.jpg IMG_0506.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0508.JPG IMG_0509.jpg IMG_0510.JPG IMG_0512.jpg IMG_0513.jpg IMG_0531.jpg IMG_0532.jpg

Screen Menu Shots:

IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0515.jpg IMG_0516.jpg IMG_0517.jpg IMG_0517.jpg IMG_0518.jpg IMG_0519.jpg IMG_0521.jpg IMG_0522.jpg IMG_0523.jpg IMG_0524.jpg IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0526.jpg IMG_0527.jpg IMG_0528.jpg IMG_0529.jpg IMG_0530.jpg IMG_0534.jpg IMG_0535.jpg IMG_0536.jpg IMG_0537.jpg IMG_0538.jpg IMG_0539.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 724

yakken

100cc
I think i paid more than that for my old conquest radio back in the day. Thats a great radio for the money.