• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Aero Tech 35% Velox Custom Build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I guess it's time to stop dragging my feet and get this thing started. With all my other projects and irons in the fire, I've been really reluctant to jump into another build. But I can't seem to get my little guy (Pop Top) to do this so I guess I'll have to do it.

This is the Aero Tech 35% Velox build I am doing for one of my best friends here. He acquired this sometime back and was not sure what he wanted to do with it. He finally decided I needed to build and cover it for him. Oh gee..how honored am I? Lol. No seriously, I think it will be fun. Especially since he and I agree perfectly on the nose business of this plane.

She'll be outfitted with genuine Hitec HS 7955TH servos for control surface muscles, JR radio for guidance and a shinny 3dub up front yanking it around like a boss. It will be built with IMAC and precision flying in mind. This will not be a fast build as I have plenty of other prior obligations to complete. But I do plan to make constant and steady progress.

Let's start with a few photos shall we?
1513571457306361328429.jpg 15135715045591904526381.jpg
The fuse was partially framed up and will need to be completed. However, my first task will be getting the "Dub" 106 and canisters mounted so that hurdle is out of the way.

The overall construction is foam core so this may take a while as I will be doing it all old school like my Lanier Extra and my two Ohio RC Giles I built years ago.
15135717223171972469781.jpg 1513571800425633736173.jpg
It does have a fairly nice split cowl, which I envy very much. Wish my 330 cowl was already split.
15135719191051324409850.jpg 15135720298481263904822.jpg 15135720882121255880571.jpg
The kit came with aluminum wing and stab tubes. However I will be upgrading the wing to carbon fiber at the very minimum.

There is a lot to this kit but it does come with full plans and very good documentation. Even I shouldn't be able to mess this up. Lol
1513572304377732551659.jpg

I will probably start formulating a plan of attack in the next few days. As always with any of my projects, I encourage everyone to keep me lined out and offer up ideas, suggestions and advice throughout this entire build. Other than the Jtec Pitts, I've not built such an in depth build like this in many years. I would welcome all the help I can get.

And away we go.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow I am in for the ride. Will always follow a good buil especially fit it is a kit build just so much more enjoyable. Ok looking at the pictures you already have a lot of it built the fuselage looks pretty close to being done. Can not wait for the next instalment.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I guess it's time to stop dragging my feet and get this thing started. With all my other projects and irons in the fire, I've been really reluctant to jump into another build. But I can't seem to get my little guy (Pop Top) to do this so I guess I'll have to do it.

This is the Aero Tech 35% Velox build I am doing for one of my best friends here. He acquired this sometime back and was not sure what he wanted to do with it. He finally decided I needed to build and cover it for him. Oh gee..how honored am I? Lol. No seriously, I think it will be fun. Especially since he and I agree perfectly on the nose business of this plane.

She'll be outfitted with genuine Hitec HS 7955TH servos for control surface muscles, JR radio for guidance and a shinny 3dub up front yanking it around like a boss. It will be built with IMAC and precision flying in mind. This will not be a fast build as I have plenty of other prior obligations to complete. But I do plan to make constant and steady progress.

Let's start with a few photos shall we?
View attachment 100827 View attachment 100828
The fuse was partially framed up and will need to be completed. However, my first task will be getting the "Dub" 106 and canisters mounted so that hurdle is out of the way.

The overall construction is foam core so this may take a while as I will be doing it all old school like my Lanier Extra and my two Ohio RC Giles I built years ago.
View attachment 100829 View attachment 100830
It does have a fairly nice split cowl, which I envy very much. Wish my 330 cowl was already split.
View attachment 100831 View attachment 100832 View attachment 100833
The kit came with aluminum wing and stab tubes. However I will be upgrading the wing to carbon fiber at the very minimum.

There is a lot to this kit but it does come with full plans and very good documentation. Even I shouldn't be able to mess this up. Lol
View attachment 100834

I will probably start formulating a plan of attack in the next few days. As always with any of my projects, I encourage everyone to keep me lined out and offer up ideas, suggestions and advice throughout this entire build. Other than the Jtec Pitts, I've not built such an in depth build like this in many years. I would welcome all the help I can get.

And away we go.

@stangflyer

The overall construction is foam core so this may take a while as I will be doing it all old school like my Lanier Extra and my two Ohio RC Giles I built years ago
What do you mean by old school. Are you going to make the wing out of balsa, or how.