• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobatic Setup Secrets — Pro Tips for Success.

GSNadmin

Staff member
It wasn’t that long ago that, when I got a new plane, I’d get it airborne as fast as I could without making much of attempt to really dial it in. If my plane had unique traits or felt unbalanced, I’d just get used to how it flew and compensated with my thumbs. This really isn’t a good way to build your piloting skills as you spend lots of your time trimming and retrimming using your transmitter. When it comes to different maneuvers and airspeeds, you just can’t get the settings nailed down. I always thought, “There just had to be a better way.”

Well, there is. It is more effective to use the programming available with your computer radio and take advantage of what it has to offer. Also, how you set up your airplane and make adjustments to it greatly improves how it will perform.

RADIO GEAR

Radio installation is a much deeper subject than just plugging your servo leads in the correct receiver ports. When installing your receiver and battery pack, it is important for the components to be encapsulated in foam rubber to isolate them from vibration.

MODEL AIRPLANE NEWS PREMIUM members can access this article and many others highlighting amazing techniques, RC airplane builds and projects. When you become a member, you’ll get instant online access to our back-issue archives, the latest Model Airplane News Digital Editions, all of our newsstand-only special issues, and much more.

Membership includes exclusive access to our enormous collection of RC information.

• 7+ years of digital editions of Model Airplane News
  • Flight Journal and Model Airplane News special issue digital editions, previously only available on newsstands
  • Free access to our magazine app through the iTunes Store – get Model Airplane News on your mobile or tablet device
  • Contests & giveaways only for members
  • 30 years of Model Airplane News archives
  • 10 years of Electric Flight archives
  • 5% off ALL Air Age Store purchases every time you shop

http://www.airagestore.com/membersh...f-exclusive-member-access-for-only-24-95.html

Model Airplane News - The #1 resource for RC plane and helicopter enthusiasts featuring news, videos, product releases and tech tips.

Continue reading...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
There should be a washer on the servo arm side so if the ball links pops off, it is still contained.

........Also NEVER EVER EEEEEEEEVER use plastic gear servos on anything with a gas engine. Just the fact that the servo is in this stab tells me it's larger than what would (or should) be flown on a glow. Electric this size, still not worth the safety risk.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I can't imagine that servo lasting more than a couple flights. Stripped gears on a rudder or aileron would be bad enough. Let alone the elevator.:confused:

karolh

30cc
My gas powered sport models are in the .90 - 1.20 size and use 20-23cc engines and all are fitted with good quality non metal geared servos and in 15 years or so of flying gas I've never had one fail in- flight except because of a crash. Could it be that I've just been lucky, I don't think as I believe that there are numerous persons who do like I do.