• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Aeroworks Sport Cub with Gaui 50cc Fourstroke

2419=1413-photo 1.jpg
2419=1413-photo 1.jpg

2419=1414-photo 2.jpg
2419=1414-photo 2.jpg

2419=1415-photo 3.jpg
2419=1415-photo 3.jpg
Picked up a Aeroworks 50cc Sport Cub to put one of the new Gaui four strokes in. So far the plane looks real nice. It comes complete in one box and is packaged really well to minimize shipping damage. This one arrived without a scratch. This will not be a real detailed build thread because the lack of time I have available but will do my best to cover the basics. As mentioned I will be using the Gaui 50cc four stroke for power and JR HV servos with the XG11 TX. And yes the servos are way overkill but its what I have laying around at the moment and when your a pimp you use HV servos in everything.

Got a little work done on the engine mount between phone calls. I need to space the engine off the firewall close to 3" so I am using the supplied wood blocks with the kit. The front plywood universal template has some hardwood glued to the the backside. This hardwood is already angle for the appropriate right and down thrust. The piece was a bit warped and was hard to get flat so i made some relief cuts in it on the band saw and then glued it to the spacer block. Going to take this piece home tonight and lighten it up as much as i can on my band saw at home.

2489=1421-photo 4.jpg
2489=1421-photo 4.jpg
2489=1422-photo 5.jpg
2489=1422-photo 5.jpg
2489=1423-photo 6.jpg
2489=1423-photo 6.jpg

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
WoodisGood;2419 wrote: Picked up a Aeroworks 50cc Sport Cub to put one of the new Gaui four strokes in. So far the plane looks real nice. It comes complete in one box and is packaged really well to minimize shipping damage. This one arrived without a scratch. This will not be a real detailed build thread because the lack of time I have available but will do my best to cover the basics. As mentioned I will be using the Gaui 50cc four stroke for power and JR HV servos with the XG11 TX. And yes the servos are way overkill but its what I have laying around at the moment and when your a pimp you use HV servos in everything.

Goodness!!! LOOK at the stash of DA boxes in the 2nd picture! Hope you got enough engines buddy...... just had to give you a hard time...

Flyingjon;2597 wrote: Goodness!!! LOOK at the stash of DA boxes in the 2nd picture! Hope you got enough engines buddy...... just had to give you a hard time...

I like to keep a few hundred around at all times.