• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Another reason why we don't accept ads from everyone!

gyro

GSN Contributor
We recently got flamed from the owner of EasyTigerModels.com for not allowing him to advertise his business here. He truly and literally thought entitled to do so since has a credit card with money to spend.

You see, many of our site sponsors were INVITED to advertise here. We already knew who they were and their upstanding reputations. Those who contacted us weren't accepted right way. We checked their customer service history on the internet, and spoke to each of them by phone prior to accepting them onto this site.

Why go through all that trouble? Why not just take their money and "laugh all the way to the bank"?

Here is one example: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775714

EasyTigerModels was another. He has a poor reputation for customer service on multiple forums, and he was rude via email when we politely explained how he violated our site rules by advertising his business in our discussion threads (with his first and only post, no less). All that reaffirmed our correct decision not to welcome him onto our site.

So some of you may be asking why bring this up? It's simple actually... we want you to know that not only are we trying to protect your computers from virus attacks, but we also want you to feel comfortable supporting any of our sponsors, and know that we believe they all offer excellent products and stand behind them. They really are the best out there, and want to earn your business.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

on your "one example" all i can say is WOW.............. Eventhough i've only been on this forum for a short period of time, i already KNOW that if i ask you guys your opinion on certain products and companys, i have nothing to worry about. From day one being on here it was obvious that the site wasnt here to make money, like most other forums. One of the many reasons i like it here.

on another note, eventhough i spend $$$$ on hobbys, im a poor hillbilly, trust me. i would rather save my $$$$$$ and buy quality products. Sometimes its tempting, with the shiny ad's and cheap prices, but i have not once bought from those oversea companies. Not knocking anybody that does, its just that i was lucky enough to have been educated by some "pro" drivers when i was building my first baja. They kinda beat it in my brain, hehe.
Oh yea, not knocking the OP in the link you posted, but i would have never clicked on a link that said "buy china", its unfortunate that he got a virus.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I thank you for screening advertisers. It's nice knowing anyone that I click on here will lead to an ethical and reputable business.

quadracer

100cc
I posted a somewhat related topic in another thread just a few days ago. One of my favorite motorcycle forums got hammered by spam bots, hundreds of them, and it was just ridiculous for for about a week. New membership registration got shut down, just to alleviate the problem for a bit. Thanks for the hard work you guys do day in and out to keep this a spam-free place to hang out.