• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BEC Recommendations?

Any recommendations or links to about BECs? I won't be flying anything bigger an 72" so I'm mosting intersted in the smaller sizes.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Any recommendations or links to about BECs? I won't be flying anything bigger an 72" so I'm mosting intersted in the smaller sizes.

Moved your question to a more appropriate spot for BEC advice. :)

I use the CC BEC Pro v2 on my 1/4" scale birds, and the CC BEC on my 60" size planes. Below that, I've had good luck with the Motrolfly 6a BEC from Subsonicplanes.com

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
on anything not using standard sized digital servos, the cc bec (little blue 10a) is plenty and proven to be very reliable, not to mention very programmable with the castle link with the different output voltages available. Once you get up to standard sized digitals, i would highly recommend either the cc bec pro, or for the unlimited budget check out western robotics. they make some VERY high quality products. the heli guys who are running 4x brushless HV rediculous servos on 700 sized (90 sized) birds run them and claim they are the most reliable out there.

hone

150cc
I've had great luck with the CC 10a BEC for my HV digital mini servos and the CC BEC Pro has worked wonderfully with my standard size digital servos as well. If you have the right size plane you can get a Talon 90a ESC from CC. It has a built in BEC that is a beast and should handle any servos you could put on a plane that would use that size ESC. The only negative is the BEC can only be set to 6 or 8v but i usually set my BEC at one of those voltages anyway. It has a built in 9a BEC

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/talon.html

Last edited by a moderator: