• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BF-109 In VIrginia

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well,

The Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach FINALLY flew their new BF-109. This 109 has an original Deimler Benz engine in it, Check it out

IMG_6889R1 [56940].jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Awesome. Beautiful plane. Surprised to see it even in existence though in our politically correct world.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Awesome. Beautiful plane. Surprised to see it even in existence though in our politically correct world.
Hey David,

Pictures do not do this plane justice. To hear the super charger on the DB604 screaming on a high speed low pass down the runway will make the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up. A buddy of mine who saw the first flight described it perfectly when he said "the DB604 in the BF109 makes the Rolls Royce Merlin in the museum's Mustang and Spitfire sound like an OS61 2-stroke". One of the most fascinating things about the BF109 is how little it is. To give you an idea, a P-51 Mustang dwarf's this thing. If you are as much of an airplane nut as I am, you can go to www.militaryaviationmuseum.org and see the whole collection of planes the museum has. The coolest thing is that almost ALL of the planes you see are still flying.

That is awesome. Might need to take a ride to go see it.

Hey Chris,

You DEFINITELY have to go see this thing. I promise you it will be well worth your time. I know the BF109 and the Mosquito are supposed to be going to the big Air Show in Pennsylvania next weekend. I am going to see when they are leaving and maybe take a ride down there just to watch it take off and hear the DB for myself.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Wade,

There is a video of the plane flying when they were testing it in Germany. Its funny because you could hear the supercharger singing LONG before you could even see or hear the engine. The pilot did a full speed pass in front of the camera and it was incredible. I wish I could remember where the link was. Go onto You Tube and type Meier Motors BF-109 in the search engine. You may luck out and find it.

I have another picture, but for some reason the site won't load it. . . . . . . :face-palm: