• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Big Electric plane show and tell

GSNadmin

Staff member
So I hate electric BUT i do own a few and do love to fly them.
I have a AJ 51" and a Extreme Flight 78" extra.

What do you guys have ?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I champion big gassers but I do like the smooth and raw power these newer electrics deliver! Just finished my 60 MXS. Working on a 12S 74" Edge and 40 PA addiction.

20160421_233338.jpg
IMG_4552.jpeg

JAG

70cc twin V2
I don't have any big electrics. I would hate the short flight times. Plus the sound of gas is sweet.

rfan_1

New to GSN!
I don't have any big electrics. I would hate the short flight times. Plus the sound of gas is sweet.

I agree on the sweet sound of the gassers, but not at the crack of dawn, when the wind is the lowest and the temps down here in TX are bearable. This is where the electrics shine. The neighbors sure appreciate it. How long is your average flight?
Phil

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Iv'e got a new 30cc MXS-R that I am going electric with. I have the plane, Hacker motor, Castle ESC, batts and servos, but after 2 years it's still not done LOL!!!!! One of the days or years I'll finish it.

Also got a foamie 56" T-28 with full retracts/sequenced gear doors, flaps and operating speed brakes.

And a Trex 700 flybarless electric heli, yep.....I'm a closet shank boner

But I still fly big gassers also:D

JAG

70cc twin V2
I agree on the sweet sound of the gassers, but not at the crack of dawn, when the wind is the lowest and the temps down here in TX are bearable. This is where the electrics shine. The neighbors sure appreciate it. How long is your average flight?
Phil

Our field doesn't really have any close neighbors so the sound isn't really an issue. My 20cc I fly 12-15 mins but still have 1/4 tank of I ned to fly longer. Takes me longer to land sometimes if it's windy. I like to have a buffer.