• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

BJ Craft Episode

Hello Guys!

I know this isn't a 3D Plane, but it's what I will be competing with in FAI F3A in the 2013 Season.

So here they are. Two purpose built BJ Craft Competition Episode's. These are imported from f3aunlimited.com

I will be giving a basic build thread, but seeing as they're small arfs and most people on here aren't in to F3A, I wont go into extreme detail.

So here is what I will be using.

Hacker Q80-14XS F3A X2
Castle ICE 80HV X2
BLS551 Aileron Servos
BLS153 Elevator Servos
BLS156 Rudder Servo
Falcon Spinner X2
Thunder Power 900mah Receiver Packs X2
Powerbox Digi Switch X2
Sky Lipo 5S 500mah packs
F3A Unlimited Arming Switch
Gator Battery Tray
Futaba 8 channel receiver

I'll add pictures as they come. I am waiting on a few more parts so it'll be a somewhat slow build.

So first is hinging all of the surfaces and installing the aileron servos. Nothing too special and it's all I have done until I get my new pushrods. The reason I am getting new ones is because the hardware with the plane is terrible haha.

Also, you'll notice the wings are very small and double swept, this looks freaking awesome :D 2012-12-18_12-55-22_768.jpg2012-12-18_13-40-57_650.jpg2012-12-18_13-42-37_47.jpg2012-12-18_13-52-09_95.jpg2012-12-18_14-08-54_803.jpg2012-12-18_14-12-42_721.jpg2012-12-18_14-34-09_497.jpg2012-12-18_15-06-18_621.jpg

Thanks
Brian

zmonster97

Looks awesome!

Just a question. How do you afford all of these things? You have a bunch of big 3d planes and now you have TWO of these!? Wow. I know that these pattern planes are expensive!

wedoitall

if hes like me he figures out some way. im a po boy, a true hillbilly, but i like my toys.

really like to see the build thread and finished product Brian. looks to be a mean plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome!

Just a question. How do you afford all of these things? You have a bunch of big 3d planes and now you have TWO of these!? Wow. I know that these pattern planes are expensive!

I fortunately have a Mom that invests a lot of time and money in what I love to do. We have the means to afford planes like these. Yes, it's true the planes I own are quite expensive, but it's not just ask and get what I want. I dedicate a lot of time and responsibility into what I do, and in return my Mom provides me with some of the finest equipment to compete at a professional level. These planes will be used at the NATS and to hopefully qualify for the US World Team in 2 years. I made a try at it this year, but lost my plane and didn't have a backup prepared, but that's life. I compete at a national level and having 2 high quality planes is what's required.

Hope this answers your question haha

Thanks
Brian

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
We all appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into national competition, and we're happy to be a part of it!

njswede

150cc
Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady! You should get her a user account on the site. After all, Joe's mom logs in here occasionally! :)

Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady! You should get her a user account on the site. After all, Joe's mom logs in here occasionally! :)

Don't get me wrong man, I love my mom, but if she tried to keep up with another account of some sort she'd either end up having a heart attack or somehow deleting the whole site (trust me for her it's possible ;)) She's not a very "techy" person and she tries to keep it to a bare minimum. I will let her know what goes on around here from time to time :)

Being a surgeon, she hardly has time to check her e-mail when she can figure out how >_<

P.S. LOVE YOU MOM!

zmonster97

I fortunately have a Mom that invests a lot of time and money in what I love to do. We have the means to afford planes like these. Yes, it's true the planes I own are quite expensive, but it's not just ask and get what I want. I dedicate a lot of time and responsibility into what I do, and in return my Mom provides me with some of the finest equipment to compete at a professional level. These planes will be used at the NATS and to hopefully qualify for the US World Team in 2 years. I made a try at it this year, but lost my plane and didn't have a backup prepared, but that's life. I compete at a national level and having 2 high quality planes is what's required.

Hope this answers your question haha

Thanks
Brian

Wow. You are very lucky to have a Mom like that!

And I didn't know you competed at a national level! That is awesome! Good luck!

Wow. You are very lucky to have a Mom like that!

And I didn't know you competed at a national level! That is awesome! Good luck!

I am extremely lucky! I owe almost all of mu success to what my mom has done for me. From funding me, to calling for me at the 2011 NATS WE won together, she is amazing and very involved.

Thanks you for the wishes! Going to be a VERY busy competition year for us Including IMAC NATS, F3A NATS, Hopefully Tucson!, and other local events as well.
Also including Joe Nall, Camp AMA etc..

Thanks
Brian