• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bucker Jungmann - Scratch Built 86" Wingspan

rarcdon

30cc
I've started this project a few years ago, but since I'm now retired I finally have some time to get serious about completing the build. Years ago I had a Goldberg Bucker Jungmann with a YS 120 that I really enjoyed flying. I lost it when the elevator servo failed in the full up position. I decided to enlarge the plans about 33% to get the fuselage sized up to fit a cowl I was given from a crashed Dave Patrick Extra 330L. I later changed to a Hanger 9 Edge 540 cowl as it was a better fit. The canopy is from a 30% Pilot Extra.

I built the fuselage in the style of Carden airframes with 3/8' sqaure stock truss sides sheeted with 3/32" balsa. The tailfeathers are stick built and sheeted with 1/16" balsa. I designed the top an bottom wings to be 3-piece so the cabanes, landing gear and center wing sections stay attached to the fuselage. A removeable canopy will enable access to the receiver and other electronics.

Everything is framed up and I've finally started covering. I'm doing it in the classic Dave Patrick/Goldberg scheme using red. white and blue Monokote. I've had great success with the Windex method for Monokote over Monokote on this covering job. I did spike my Windex with extra ammonia and it really seemed to help.

I have a DA 60 to power this plane. It looks like it should come in at around 22-23 lbs. rerady to fly.

Here are a few photos I took along the way:

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Looking good I will be glad to watch you finish this build. Pity we only get the last part but biplanes are always on my watch list.