• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

CA glue whoops!

Fluff04

New to GSN!
Any suggestions for removing a glued aileron control horn? When gluing, it didnt fully seat and fused before I could fix. Its about 1-1.5mm's out of seat. Am I safer just drilling a new hole in the horn to use? Im sure its basic geometry but if I leave it, I am supposing my ailerons wont move symetrically. Any input/suggestions appreciated.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Any suggestions for removing a glued aileron control horn? When gluing, it didnt fully seat and fused before I could fix. Its about 1-1.5mm's out of seat. Am I safer just drilling a new hole in the horn to use? Im sure its basic geometry but if I leave it, I am supposing my ailerons wont move symetrically. Any input/suggestions appreciated.

It'll take a while, and you'll need to really work at it, but ca remover by Bob smith industries is sold under the name of "un cure"

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Straight acetone works also. Not as fast but readily available. Straight nitromethane works awesome as well. I believe this is what comercial debonders contain. If you have a race shop around they will sometimes sell you a small amount. Not exactly handy but if you have a source, good stuff.

SnowDog

to answer your original question: do not leave it like that...you want both sides to be symmetric, so do what you can to remove and reseat it.

you also want it to be a secure glue joint so the control horn does not come out in the middle of a violent manuever.

AKfreak

150cc
I have used debonder several times, the trick is to tape off surrounding areas, and place paper towels close to the affected sera to wick in excess debonder. Get the affected area wet and let it sit. The CA will get soft and let loose.

Fluff04

New to GSN!
Thanks all! I picked up some debonder tonight and am going to give it a whirl after work tomorrow.