• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Champion Model Aircraft Company??

Any one know anything about this company. I've googled it and found nothing. I've got a 1/5th scale cub kit from them and it doesn't look like they had any plastic parts for their kits back then. I might be able to get some Sig parts to fit, ie, windows and cowl. Or maybe some hanger 9 parts??

Attachments

• IMG_2582.JPG
    IMG_2582.JPG
    526.4 KB · Views: 1,407
  • IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    568.1 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_2585.JPG
    IMG_2585.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 556
I knew I seen this plane kit before. Check the Fiberglass Specialties web site. The cowl is listed under Davey Systems/Champion in their cowls and accessories section. I would tend to believe the windshield was cut from flat plastic.

I'll check them out. And thank you!

Wasn't able to log in at all yesterday. Don't know what was up! I found the Flying Models Magazine, September 86 issue. It's got the 6 page construction article on this plane. The construction book isn't all that great, more like a quick read pamphlet. So the article should be a great help, as I like lots of pictures!!!