• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 170 Exhaust Help

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Calling all DLE 170 owners. My friend has a DLE 170 on his 38% Great Planes Extra. Incredibly deafening. Bleeding ears to say the least. This plane does not have the availability for cans as there is no tunnel. ???? Not sure why GP did that, but it is what it is. Any of you used the silencers that are available for the stock exhaust? If so, can you pass on the info of where to obtain them and the exact size? TBM told him they did not know if the ones for the DLE 85 would work or not. I believe they will, however I am not a DLE authority. Or does someone else have an idea on how to lower the noise from this motor? We fly at a field where there is no db restriction, but just too loud and obnoxious to enjoy. Also, does the DLE 170 use the same headers as the DA 170? If so, can anyone suggest a good header/muffler/canister combination that works well on this motor? I may be looking at picking one up for myself.

Thanks a bunch.

Oh yeah, best prop also??? 32x10 CF???

yakken

100cc
i run the dle headers and cans from valley view with a 30x13 mejzlik . very quiet and great for 3d.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
DA170 headers will not work. DLE sells a header but I haven't heard much about them. Check with Valley View.

Hi Stangflyer, I have got you covered. Our Pro Flow Canisters are a perfect combo with the DLE-170. Just shoot me a PM and I will hook you up.

Dave

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Dave; Will do.... Was planning on giving you a call as it is. As for the inserts from TBM, Those are the ones I suggested to my friend, however TBM said they could not say whether they would or would not fit. Thank you all for your input.

I just verified the the TBM silencer fits. Your call. ;)

17450=11884-IMG_20140912_130928_443.jpg
17450=11884-IMG_20140912_130928_443.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
.com;17450 wrote: I just verified the the TBM silencer fits. Your call. ;)

Sweet.....That was pretty awesome of you to do that. I kind of thought they would fit. I will let my friend know so he can get them ordered. By the way...that's a new 170? Wanna send it to me for testing? LOL... As for myself, If I pick up a 170, I will just give Dave a call. Thanks for your help man...appreciate it.

Rob

Dave's Pro-Flows are my first choice even though he dresses funny, ;) but as you stated, the GP Extra does not have provisions for canisters.