• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DM-4325 motor.

Manta

70cc twin V2
MOTROLFLY DM-4325 Brushless motor series are for RC Airplanes 8 to 16 pounds depending on model type.

All motors come with an X mount for mounting the motor to the fire wall, pre soldered 4mm gold connectors, and a 8mm Hub prop adaptor; collet style prop adaptor sold seperately for behind fire wall mounting.

* Weight: 455 grams
* Stator Width: 43mm
* Stator Height: 25mm
* Motor Width: 54.8mm
* Motor Length: 52mm
66.3mm X mount to Hub face
* Hub Length: 38.5mm
* Hub Shaft: 8mm x 30mm
* Motor Shaft Size: 6mm
* 12 tooth 14 magnet DLR

Attachments

• thumb-IMG_0177.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0177.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 2,483
  • thumb-IMG_0178.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0178.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,190
  • thumb-IMG_0181.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0181.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,201
  • thumb-IMG_0183.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0183.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,211
  • thumb-IMG_0184.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0184.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,164
  • thumb-IMG_0187.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0187.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,153
  • thumb-IMG_0188.jpg
    thumb-IMG_0188.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,191

Manta

70cc twin V2
So, about 3 years ago,maybe 4? time is a blur these days.When the 3DHS 70 inch AJ Slick came out and the 68 Velox hit the sky as well,My buddy and mentor,Powerlines and I got one of each of these airframes.The slick for me and velox for him.Altho we traded tx's so much on the flight line both planes were basically ours.. So we were flying in the hottest parts of the summer when we got them and were toasting motors..No,I;m not gonna say what brand motors we were toasting but couple different brands died in the process..
We had met Ken Young at SEFF a year or so prior to this and he was an up and coming motor distributor and had just taken over Motrolfly.We had a few of his motors for our smaller planes..Chris called him up and told him of our dilemma. He told us he was working on just the motor for that sized airframe and needed a tester (or 2) :) So Ken entrusted us with 2 prototypes and the game began..They held up!! We flew the punk out of them.Tested and figured the best props for several different kvs and just had a ball and learned a lot in do so..
This is the latest and greatest design of the motor with a concentric bearing in the back for us flip floppers to abuse. Once you go Motrolfly black,you wont go back!

gyro

GSN Contributor
This is simply an AWESOME motor. I have one in my 70" Slick, and it just pulls like a tractor! I love the 20x10 Xoar on this motor, but I've gotta prop down to the 19x8 in the summer's 100+ heat. With the 19x8 I'm running at about 130F in flight, using the spekturm telemetry. It pulls the plane around very well, and actually is very effecient, using only 2700mah of 8s juice for a 6:30-7:00 flight.

zmonster97

This is simply an AWESOME motor. I have one in my 70" Slick, and it just pulls like a tractor! I love the 20x10 Xoar on this motor, but I've gotta prop down to the 19x8 in the summer's 100+ heat. With the 19x8 I'm running at about 130F in flight, using the spekturm telemetry. It pulls the plane around very well, and actually is very effecient, using only 2700mah of 8s juice for a 6:30-7:00 flight.

Yeah, I'm debating to get this motor or a 5320 for my 71" slick. Except, I will be using 6s.

zmonster97

You wont regret it. :)

Possibly. I watched this video and the hover pullout is a bit slow for me.:rolleyes:(he's using the 4325-380 with 19x10 prop, the exact same setup I would be using) Hover pullout at 4:40.

[video=youtube;sgNi3T3GmCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgNi3T3GmCU[/video]

Manta

70cc twin V2
Maybe we can round up some more vids of that setup too. Im not totally sure he wasnt just doing a low and slow evening huck. Ask him how he likes the 4325. I remember him being pretty happy with it back then. :) mine is in 8s currently but I will see if can find some older vids. You can also have Ken bump the kv a hair to push a little more oomph if ya need