• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

gyro

GSN Contributor
From Extreme Flight:

If aggressive 3D aerobatic flying is your passion, then the new Extreme Flight RC 50cc Edge 540T is the airframe you've been waiting for.
Long heralded as the ultimate 3D platform, the Edge series of aircraft are known for their unmatched stability in high alpha flight and their aggressive gyroscopic tumbling maneuvers.
The 540T variant features a large 2 place canopy which places the tallest point of the fuselage closer to the center of gravity which results in improved knife edge performance over the single seat variant.
The Extreme Flight Edge 540T builds on this stellar reputation, offering unmatched flight performance and the quality construction and attention to detail that you've come to expect from an Extreme Flight product.

Available in 2 striking Ultracote color schemes with contrasting bottom, the Edge is a study in modern interlocking laser cut construction techniques, yielding a light weight yet durable airframe.
Aluminum angle landing gear mounts withstand season after season of harrier landings (and those not so perfect "normal" landings).
Carbon fiber wing and stab tubes are stock equipment as is a carbon fiber tailwheel assembly.
Main gear are aluminum, and the cowl and wheel pants are fiberglass and finished in a high gloss paint job. Dual truss composite control horns, Dubro ball links, gas tank and titanium turnbuckle pushrods round out the completely useable hardware package (no cheap throw away junk hardware included!).
Just like all of our 50cc aircraft, the Edge fuselage has a built in pipe tunnel to allow easy installation of a tuned pipe or canister muffler.
Also included is a set of wing and stab bags and a canopy cover.

When you consider the performance and quality of an Extreme Flight airframe as well as the superior hardware and included accessories (not to mention after the sale support and replacement parts availability) you begin to see what a great value a purchase from Extreme Flight RC represents.

[SIZE=-4]Graphics Not Included[/SIZE]

knife%20edge-1.jpg

Chrisj_540.jpg

Specs:

Wingspan:
88 inches
Length:85 inches
Wing Area:1450 sq. in.
Weight:17 - 18lbs
Power:50cc - 58cc Gas
Radio: Modern computer radio with channel mixing capability and 5 high torque servos (250+ oz. in.) on control surfaces, standard servo on throttle.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got mine ordered and on the way. Setup will be as follows:

Engine: EME 60 with bowman ring
Prop: Hover 24x9 Carbon Fiber
Servos: Hitec HS-7955TG Servos with SWB Arms
Wires: TaildraggerRC 20AWG Wires
Power: JR 1222x Powersafe Receiver, with 2x 2s 2650 LiPo packs
Ignition: Tech-Aero IBEC
Fuel: VP Powermix 40:1, Fourtitude 16oz Fuel Tank
Smoke: Sullivan Skywriter, Fourtitude 16oz Smoke Tank, Aero Cumulus Smoke Oil

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Well I'm here.... what's the QT???

I'm hinging mine in blue/yellow colours at present, been raining so much I haven't been able to fly.

Not sure about electric no more since flying my 91" extra on DA60+ RE2 pipe.

Thinking I might hang out for the DA70 and put that in this edge???

Problem with going electric is there's a lot of mods to do to the fuselage to improve cooling etc that would weaken the old girl if I went over to gas.

Gyro, how much air time do you reckon you are gonna get out of 16oz?

I have 32oz in my 91" on pipe and at 13 minutes of serious throttle pounding she has maybe 1/2" left in the bottom of the tank. Certainly couldn't get 20 minutes of extreme aerobatics out of 32oz on this setup.

Mind you the 88" edge should come in lighter as its a smaller fuse and wing overall.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well I'm here.... what's the QT???

I'm hinging mine in blue/yellow colours at present, been raining so much I haven't been able to fly.

Not sure about electric no more since flying my 91" extra on DA60+ RE2 pipe.

Thinking I might hang out for the DA70 and put that in this edge???

Problem with going electric is there's a lot of mods to do to the fuselage to improve cooling etc that would weaken the old girl if I went over to gas.

Gyro, how much air time do you reckon you are gonna get out of 16oz?

I have 32oz in my 91" on pipe and at 13 minutes of serious throttle pounding she has maybe 1/2" left in the bottom of the tank. Certainly couldn't get 20 minutes of extreme aerobatics out of 32oz on this setup.

Mind you the 88" edge should come in lighter as its a smaller fuse and wing overall.

Rog, I had a 32oz on same engine in my 89 slick, and I usually landed at 15min with half left in the tank. If I get 10-12 minutes, I'll be happy guy, as I figure I'll be ready for a rest at that point.

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Rog, I had a 32oz on same engine in my 89 slick, and I usually landed at 15min with half left in the tank. If I get 10-12 minutes, I'll be happy guy, as I figure I'll be ready for a rest at that point.

Gotta give that left stick a bit more of a pounding Gary.

DA60-RE2 loves to rev, its like a sports car.