• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

F3A World Championships - U.S. Team Raffle

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
2015team logo.jpg

Hey Guys,
The U.S. F3A team has put together an online raffle to help support our efforts to send the team to Switzerland for the 2015 World Championships this August,

This summer we look to defend our Team Gold Medal from the World Championships that were held in South Africa in 2013. We also look to take our share of individual medals from the 2015 world championships as well. To help raise funds to send the team to Switzerland we have put together a raffle with some great prizes already and we will continue to add more as we go along. The teams website is https://www.teamusaf3a.com/ and on the site you can purchase raffle tickets for $10 each.

Here is the current list of Raffle items: (more to be added as we go)
  • AJ aircraft 73" Laser
  • 2m Andrew Jesky designed Proteus (full composite version)
  • CK Aero 2m Allure (your choice of std. electric or Contra version)
  • Brenner Contra Drive unit
  • Castle Creations Edge HV80 Lite ESC (2 chance to win)
  • Tech Aero Throttle Tech
  • JTEC Radiowave Builders kit (2 chances to win any kit we currently manufacture)
  • Desert Aircraft DA-150L

From all of the team members I want to send a big thank you goes to all of the manufacturers that have helped support the team by contributing to the raffle.

Also, here is a list of all the U.S. team members for the 2015 World Championships.

Andrew Jesky (Pilot & Team Captain)
Jason Shulman (Pilot)
Dave Stodard (Jason’s Caller)
Brett Wickizer (Pilot)
Brian Herbert (Brett’s Caller)
Joseph Szczur (Junior Pilot)
Don Szczur (Joseph’s Caller)
Mark Atwood (Team Manager)
myself - Kevin Young (Andrew’s Caller)

2015 team - hi-res (Small).jpg

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
I thought I would post this in as many places as I could to help get the word out.

I do want to make sure everyone see one of the cool things we are doing for the U.S. F3A World Championship Team. So not only do you have a chance to win some sweet airplanes (including a JTEC Radiowave 3.1m MX2 if you choose) but you can sign up to have a small group of friends get a training lesson from Andrew and it doesn't matter whether you want to learn precision, 3D, helicopters, DLG's, whatever you want he can help.

Hey Guys, WE'RE AUCTIONING ANDREW JESKY!!!!

That’s right! We’re auctioning Andrew!

As a new fund raiser for the FAI F3A team Andrew has volunteered to travel at HIS expense, anywhere in the continental US (although I’m betting you might convince him on Hawaii) for a 3 day weekend to Coach, Train, Trim, hang out, or otherwise have flying fun with up to 10 people!

If you haven’t had the pleasure of getting help from one of the worlds best pilots, you’re in for a treat. Pattern, IMAC, Heli, Sailplane… he’s highly proficient at all of them and is a tremendous instructor. Get a group together to raise your bid and have Andrew come spend the weekend working with everyone to get your new 2015 aircraft trimmed out and fix those maneuvers that are giving you fits!

Plan is to have him arrive Thursday evening, fly all day Friday/Saturday and Sunday morning, and then leave mid day on Sunday.

Depending on location, Andrew will drive and bring some of his own aircraft if desirable for demo’s or doing a local club demo and spend the rest of the time in one on one coaching.

Please, no more than 10 people so that everyone gets adequate time. Also, to help same some $$, if one of the bidders is willing to host Andrew for the weekend that to would be very helpful

Here’s the link on the team site to the Auction - http://www.teamusaf3a.com/index.php/team-usa-f3a-auction/bid/1/0

Auction closes on March 15th, 2015, and the selection of which weekend is open to negotiation with Andrew. There is a reserve price set.

Bid high! Bid Often!!!!

-Mark
PS. If there's a way to spread this around I would appreciate it. Please post this in other forum's and help me get the word out!!!

kork

70cc twin V2
Kevin, done deal and just wanted to tell you guys to have a blast. I wish I could have made a larger bid for you and Andrew to come to Minnesota.
Say hi to the old man!

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Just to update the raffle a bit, both Futaba and Horizon have donated radio's to the raffle.

Futaba/Hobbico was kind enough to send us a Futaba 14SG Radio System, which features programming for airplane, helis, gliders, and can be used with all Futaba 2.4ghz protocols, and has S-Bus and telemetry capabilities.

futk9410.jpg

Spektrum/Horizon Hobby have Donated a Spektrum DX9 w/ 920RX Radio System

SPM9900_b0.jpg

These prizes are in addition to our already huge raffle. For more information on the raffle and to purchase raffle tickets please visit www.teamusaf3a.com or talk to any one of the team members.

Also, each team member just received shirts that we will be selling at all the events that we attend so if you see one of us come purchase a shirt or other apparel from us.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
I have a couple more updates for you guys.

First, we were able to raise $2500 for the team by pimping out Andrew Jesky, so thank you to Peter Vogel and his group of flyers that won the auction.

Second, anyone that would like to purchase team apparel or merchandise you can do through any team member or you have the option of purchasing them through the following sites

JTEC Radiowave http://www.jtecrc.com/teamUSA_F3A.html
Shulman Aviation www.shulmanaviation.com
F3A Unlimited www.f3aunlimited.com

If you are purchase through JTEC and want several different items please feel free to shoot me a private message or email at sales@jtecrc.com and I can sen you a paypal request for the items instead of you having to submit separate orders.