• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Frank Bowman Rings

emtp275

100cc
Ok I'm sure I can figure this out over some time on google but in attempt to build a better data base for info here Ill pose my question here, I am looking to buy a new DLE 61 and I have a DLE 30 now that has some time on it, well i want to put a set of bowman rings in both and i dont know where to go to order them, Also please feel free to share you experance with this mod and if its worth the time.... Thanks in advance.

emtp275

100cc
well have have over a week to figure it out and i guess i can be paient for longer than that but shes close to reaching for the skys and excitemt is starting to set in.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I order rings from Frank several weeks ago.

The email and phone number above are correct as of 7/7/2014.

Service is still top notch. I paid him via PayPal and had my rings in several days......exactly as ordered.

Twister

70cc twin V2
I emailed him yesterday atringmaster46@msn.com and he answered me today. He even sent me an email with pictures on how to change the rings and reed block mod. Now that's service AAA+++

I have rings on the way.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
emtp275;7180 wrote: well have have over a week to figure it out and i guess i can be paient for longer than that but shes close to reaching for the skys and excitemt is starting to set in.

If you decide to order, let me know. I'll at least take one for my 30

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I have not used the Bowman Rings before nor know anyone who has but their reputation seems top notch. Just curious when the time to install is best as I have a new VVRC40 twin that has only just been started once and hope to maiden this weekend with some breaking flights. How do manufactures handle this with the warranty?

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I just ordered a set for a vv40 but haven't put them in. As said service and response time is quick and excellent.

I went with a Bowman ring on my DLE 55. I installed it before the first startup - had heard that the stock ring material used on DLEs made for a really long break-in. My motor has a couple of gallons through it and has excellent compression and runs great. Of course having installed it before running it doesnt give me much of a baseline, but no issues here and Frank's service is top notch.