• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Fuel tank strange phenomena ....

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
It seems that the carb or something else is pushing air through the line blowing air bubbles is the tank.
Both tanks are having it.

First time I see it.
What is it and is it something familiar ??
Look at the video.

Last edited:
Not sure how you get suction and venting at the same time? Air leak in one of the needles? Or is it vibration in the line causing foaming of the fuel and it moves back to the clunk? Laws of physics somehow not applying here.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Strange idea, could the tank stopper have a small air leak around the pick up line and the bubbles are just staying attached to the pick up and traveling down the line until they reach the clunk?

Alky6

150cc
Looks like boiling fuel. Anyway you have a vacuum in the tank that would allow to boil? Have seen same thing when you test fuel lines for air leaks and you start to boil the fuel (vapor lock) by pulling a vacuum.

Adi....is the sound in the background, the engine idling? Or is the sound just servos?

Do you have a "T" on your pick up line or a separate filler line?
Wayne

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Well it was when I did the ground break in sequence so I do reckon that's the course.
I'll make sure all you've said will be double check next time when I'll do the test flight.

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Hi Wayne.
It's the servos.
I have a separate filler line.
Total of three, carb, air and fill.
But since this is a parallel setup ALL are with aluminum T's.

Hi Wayne.
It's the servos.
I have a separate filler line.
Total of three, carb, air and fill.
But since this is a parallel setup ALL are with aluminum T's.
Hey Adi..... By this do you mean that you have TWO fuel tanks in the aircraft? If so.... You may have the vent line incorrectly connected to the second tank.
If there is only ONE tank.... I would HIGHLY SUGGEST That you visit the Jamaican Voodoo Doctor to rid your tank of "unseen visitors"!! :big-grin: