• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 88 Evo thread

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
My son was given a crashed 33% SD Yak54 a few years ago and he asked me if I could fix it for him. As any father would answer, I told him "I can do anything". :)

The thread on the plane is here in the build section as "Rebirth of a Yak"

This is about the engine I got for his plane and for any input from others.

For some reason the 85cc engines and airframes for them (33%) are not as popular as they used to be. The big name big single cylinder engines were known as "shakers". This may be the reason.

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
I bought a GP 88 EVO a couple of years ago from Limmitless Aero when Kole was still around. This purchase was after following the GP Engine company's growth including how they handled problems (the way the owner,Furgus, handled the V1 123 problem was the most unbelievable customer service I have ever seen).

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
I finaly started the engine and after the usual problem getting a Walbro carb that has been dry for 2 years to pump fuel, it started. My first impression is WOW. So smooth for a big single and running strong. Using 93 octane ethonal free with the quality fully synthetic oil of my choice.

Falcon 27x10 carbon prop.

thurmma

150cc
I am using a 176EVO in my 330LX and it is unbelievably smooth. My DLE-170 is fairly smooth in my 42% Edge but, nowhere as smooth as the 176EVO and the power is PHENOMINAL!!!!!! I am assuming the 88 will be of the same caliber seeing as how it is half of the 176 :)

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I am using the 88 evo on my ef extra 93" I love this engine. It 8s easy to start and very powerful.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Awesome engine.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 435
  • image034.jpg
    image034.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 367
  • image038.jpg
    image038.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 395
  • image041.jpg
    image041.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 418

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
So far the engine has been flawless. 27x10 Falcon 2 gals. through it. Unfortunately prop met runway today, no damage to plane but sending engine in to make sure bearings and or crank are still ok. Joe at http://www.aviatorplusrc.com/ seems awesome for service. He responded to email on a Saturday afternoon and I know he helped with the 123 V1 issues.