• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN REVIEW!** Great Planes Citabria 30 - 35cc ARF - PART 2: Wings and Fuse Assembly

I always take and wet several paper towels with rubbing alcohol before I ever mix epoxy, to clean up the plane and my hands !!!!

thurmma

150cc
McFueler;20398 wrote: I always take and wet several paper towels with rubbing alcohol before I ever mix epoxy, to clean up the plane and my hands !!!!

Same here! No matter how hard I try, I always end up with some amount of epoxy on my hands.

Lardog

New to GSN!
Great review so far Sleepy. Quick question, for everyone really... Great Planes recommends the process of cutting covering away and epoxying the tail feathers in place. They use this method on pretty much all their planes with glue on tail surfaces. 3DHS and EF both recommend simply using CA, which will wick into the joint, without having to remove any covering at all. I have used both methods successfully on associated models. I'm wondering what everyone thinks about using the CA method on other planes, such as this one. I see no reason why this method would be specific to 3DHS and EF planes, but am not sure if I am missing something?

Thoughts?

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I prefer to use epoxy, it gives you a bit more time to ensure alls correct before glue sets.

wesley.

70cc twin V2
I've always felt the epoxy was a stronger bond. Something i like doing with the hinges is just heat up some vaseline in a small glass bowl and actually dip them in it. I've never had one stick doing it that way.

SleepyC

150cc
Personally I think CA or epoxy CAN work... but removing the covering is essential. With out removing the covering you are relying on the bond of the covering to secure your tail surfaces... Personally I am not cool with that!